The Clash of the Dragons-Chapter 11

• Dedicated to To Fet-Nat, the most awesome friend I could ever ask for.

Chapter 11- Till I drown in my own tears

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suparu's POV:

I placed a hand on Reina's head, patting it until she stopped hugging me. I looked down at her with a teasing smile on my lips. She grinned back up at me, and then turned away. I was puzzled. I followed her. She stopped and turned around. "I need rest. The ribbons take it out of me." she sighed. "Who'd you bind this time?" I asked, playing with a lock of her chocolate hair absentmindedly.

"The stupid cousin of Dad's who imprisoned him for thousands of years. She came back in the form of this half-human girl with long blonde hair. An Ice dragon I think she was." Reina muttered. I suddenly realized what she was talking about.

"Jade." I whispered to myself. "Well, don't let me stop you from  your rest." I hissed out of my teeth. She glanced up at me, bewildered, and I could feel her gaze burning into my back as I fled the cave. I burst through to the main room and frantically looked around through the tunnels.

I felt a deep tugging in my veins and I growled under my breath, escalating into my dragon, black as night, and transparent.

I scurried along the walls, searching for her, and suddenly locating her deep within Rikshay's personal chambers. I flew there as fast as I could, and hastened up into one of the corners of Rikshay's room. down below me, something was happening.

"Now, 'lover boy' what's going on? You think that you can kiss me and I'll be ok with it? You're trying to anialate my race, and you're fantasising about Raposa, the cousin who totally ditched you and married someone else?"

She exclaimed skeptically, holding a dagger to his throat, and I couldn't help but be amazed.

 This little child whom I used to know was now a merciless dragon.

This was the true Jade.

----------------------------------Jade's POV-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rikshay was panicked. I could see that. I grinned to myself.

"Good" a voice hissed into my ear,and I licked my lips. An unforeseen force was emerging within me. All I heard was one word, spoken in Raposa's voice. "Run." Quick as a flash, I lodged the knife into Rikshay's shoulder blade,  and unfurled my wings and broke through the cave walls, hearing his screams after me.

I blasted through the layers of rock and dust, and burst out into a winter storm.

I frowned and in the freezing rain that pelted me, I just stood still, if possible, in midair, my wings flapping out of habit, and suddenly I felt a deep shuddering taking place inside me. A sharp jerk in my stomach brought tears to my eyes, and I blinked once before my wings snapped together.

A series of cataclysmic events followed suit, including me hitting another thing in midair, plunging 200 ft. downwards, and crashing into the ground, that felt mysteriously like....pavement? What?

------------------------------------------------------Dean's POV----------------------------------------------------------------

My boots crunched  through the snow as the ice imprisoned in raindrops struck against my face. I  loved these bizare winter storms. You never knew what would happen. Later, reflecting on this, I exclaimed "Boy was I right!"

Anyways, I had felt something far away seeking my help, and I had told Mom, after many arguments, that I needed to go outside, and I'd be back later.

I brushed my hands together as I trekked outwards towards the high range of mountains that framed our town, and felt a strange magnetic pulsing, and I raced toward it, and my boot caught on something.

 I looked down and shook whatever it was stuck to my boot, thinking it was a pile of leaves or something, but when it wouldn't come free, I reached down, and came back up with a bloody hand.

Something had speared me!

I looked down and more carefully lifted up whatever it was that was that was attacking my shoe. I knelt down on the snowy ground and brushed aside some of the snow.

A bony tip of something was exposed.

I grew excited.

I thrust both hands down in the snow, and at the end of it all, I had discovered a wing. I then noticed a tendril of golden hair peeking out from under the snow.

 In horror, I tugged on the curl, and I heard the soft thump of a body hitting the ground beside me. I was now thoroughly frightened and hestitated brushing off the final snow that clung to the body with wings.

 I then took a deep breath, and flung the snow aside, revealing a porcelain doll face, with golden curls, dampened by the storm, and eyes as green as the grass, and a little ruby red mouth.

Her fingers were shivering, and her eyes sought out my face, although unwillingly.

"D-don----'t." she choked out. I grabbed her hand and held it to my chest. "Don't what?" I said, growing evermore frightened, and her hand was ice cold.

She took a long shuddering breath.

"D-do-n't k-k-k-k-i-l-l m-me, h-um-m-a-n." she muttered, clasping my hands together with hers and brushing them against her lips. Then her grip fell slack, and her hand slipped from mine. My eyes widened as the wings folded back into her body as if melting into the snow that gently was falling on us, framing her long lashes with white dust. I gingerly picked her up, and rested her head on my shoulder.

I had to get her home. I braced myself, and set off on the long journey back to the house. When I got there, the lights were ablaze, the Christmas decorations in place in the windows, and my mom's equally as frightened face peering anxiously through the frosted glass. Her eyes grew large at the sight of me, and I ran full tilt at our front door, as well I could with an unconcious girl in my arms. The front door opened, and my mom stood there until I had burst through the threshold and into the sitting room.

"Dean Johnothan Baker, what is going on?" Mom demanded of me, and I told her the story in full detail, until tears were watering in her eyes. "I don't know if what you said was true, but we need to get this one warm. She's as cold as ice."

That she was, Mom, that she was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY!!!!!!!! How did ya like THAT? Anyways, my thanks goes to Jabuticaba for all those great ideas for this chapter, but I ended up not using any. :(. I'll use them next chapter, ok? An dI'll make it really long too, ok?

Ok, COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, WHATEVER, EAT CHIPS. Hope you liked it!

-QueenietheCat