The Clash of the Dragons

Prologue:

I was in a dark empty cavern. Much like a cave, although it was more...peaceful.If only peace could ever come to someone like me.  A sharp crack disturbed my slumber. As my head whipped around, my teeth became barred, my wings tucked in close to my body, and my cold green eyes narrowed to slits. I heard the thuding footsteps scraping against the stone floor, and I drew closer to the wall, in fear of my confronter. I steeled myself and clenched my white talons. This bone-white cave was about to become a battlefeild.

Slow down... how could anyone find something in here?

It was invisible, or at least, supposed to be. That's the way my ancestors had kept it for generation after generation. I allowed a sharp hiss to penetrate the air as a warning. The footsteps stopped. Then a low hiss in response.

I knew that hiss.

Then all went black.

Chapter 1:

My name is Jade.

On the morning of my 13th birthday, I was taken to the cave of fate. Past all the other caves, or at least I think,  because it was deep in the heart of the labyrinth of the mountain. It was a ceremony for the dragons that have reached adulthood in the community. It's an important moment in a young dragon's life, because we get to speak with Raposa. Raposa is our ancestor. She hid the mountain of Corason from the prying eyes of those full-humans. When I say full-humans, I am saying that she hid it from the humans who were born humans. We are half-human and half-dragon.

We were always like this. Always. It started when our ancestor, Raposa, met a human she had an immense attraction to, and begged the high counsel of dragons to let her have a human form to meet this human. It took many months of begging and pleading, but in the end, she was allowed, and she and this human, Cabelo, produced many half-dragon, half-human children, who grew up to found the branches of our family. When Cabelo died, Raposa sank into such despair that she ended up dying of a broken heart. Her spirit was put into a beautiful gemstone. Now it has been promised to her that we would come to her when we came of age and listened to her counsel and receivedour dragon name. My mother fastened my white cloak with blue tassels around me and pulled my hood down, concealing my long curly, blond hair. She clutched my arm and took me over to my father, who took my hand and led me into the cave.

As we entered the cave, it burst open with light. Amethyst fire burned in the jeweled wall scones that bedecked the cave in a shimmering purple light. The light swiveled around in patterns, and the glow of the light bounced off the golden pedestal that Raposa'sstone rested on, mixing with ruby, emerald, and sapphire flickers. All of my community had gathered there, and were milling around the aisle, but as soon as we entered, the whole room fell as silent as the grave. I felt my parents grip tighten as the eyes bored holes into us. I closed my eyes and felt my parents pull me forward, and my feet along with them. I opened my eyes and we were about to ascend the stairs to the pedestal. My father and mother pulled off my cloak witha flourish and I could hear the sharp intake of brea  , as they gazed at cold, pure, beauty that my mom had spent 2 hours making, so I looked like an incarnation of snow. What with my white, long sleeved dress with a slit up the side, and a wreath of white and pale blue roses (Yes, blue, we grow them magically). I slowly walked, barefoot, over to the pedestal, and followed the instructions my mom had told me. Kneel, and don't talk. The entire procession did the same. Then from the pedestal rained opal mist, soft at first, then it got harder, and harder, until i couldn't see anything. That's when I was taken into the gemstone.

I was bathed in a golden light, and I was able to move freely. Brilliant comet-like stars danced in front of me, and I realized that it was because I was dizzy. But, there was one question still reigned.

Where was I? How was I here, in this golden chamber?

That was my question. Where. I spun on the tip of my toe, surveying my surroundings, like a ballerina. I couldn't see that far, or maybe I could, everything was covered in golden dust. I heard a loud scuffling.

My dragon instincts took over.

I willed my wings to burst out of their hold, and then I commanded the other dragon parts of my body to unlock. I barred my teeth and whipped around. My eyes widened and I changed back to my human form so rapidly that I collapsed on an invisible floor as the will of that person commanded me to. Then a voice spoke in my mind.

"Fear not, young dragon, no one is going to harm you."

"Are you Raposa?"

"Yes, I'm Raposa. I'm glad to see that you recognize me. Not many people are chosen to speak to me."

"I thought that you spoke to each dragon when they came of age."

"No, young one, only to those I wish to speak to.Like your best friend, Emerald? I spoke to her because I thought she would need my advice in her later years, but her twin Sardon? I thought he didn't need my help, so I chose not to speak to him."

"Oh, now this makes a lot more sense. Sardon wore a hostile scowl for 2 weeks and averted any questions about what you said to him."

"He will find his own way, I know that."

"How?"

"I can read a young dragons future ahead of them, so I know what to expect of them."

"Do you know what mine will be?"

"Yes, but it's not an easy path.

"What is your advice?"

"Beware the dracones bellum. They'll ask you do do things, and each thing has a consequence, so don't accept anything from them."

"Why? What are they?"

"You'll soon find out, Sentanna."

"Sentanna? Who?"

"It's your new dragon name. It suits you quite well, does it not?"

"No, I wasn't complaining, thank you." I nodded vigourously, and I heard a low melodius chuckle.

"You amuse me,young one."

"Was there anything more you needed to tell me?"

"No, it's time to depart."

"Thank you for everything, Raposa."

"It's fine, Sentanna. Please be wary in the near future."

"I will, Thank you Raposa."

"Goodbye, Sentanna."

Then the golden chamber dissolved into thin air and feeling the frostiness of nothing bieng there, I blacked out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of first part. Please comment and tell me what you think, should I continue?

Thanks and enjoy. =)

I really want to keep writing this, and hope that a lot of people enjoy it.