The Clash of the Dragons Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

As the "defender" you're supposed to know things about battle. How to lead the dragons and save us all.

Too bad I didn't know squat about it.

I begun to feel so discouraged, my head grew into the habit of hanging downward, and trying to spot as many pebbles that lined the cave floors.

"Sentanna, you really aren't supposed to be educated in the ways of war just yet. You have confidence in yourself before you place confidence in a battle strategy that could backfire and destroy the whole mountain."  Raposa calmly reasoned in my head.

"But Raposa, the Abyss is growing stronger by the second and it could destroy us in a second." I thought back to her.

I accidentaly ran into a column and bashed my head on the rough rock. I felt a wet splotch on my head, but didn't do anything to it because I didn't have the time to worry about myself. I had to save an entire race from certain extinction.

It was not your piece of  death by chocolate cake.

I slid down the face of the column, and started to let out the flood gates.

 Yeah, I, the "defender" was bawling her guts out.

After a while I stopped crying and just started at the rock in my face and thought about nothing.

Then when I started to hit myself internally, lecturing myself on the importance of not crying when you get a little---scratch that----a big scratch on your forehead, you don't sit there crying like a baby.

I wearily got up on my feet and dragged myself to the nearest cave and sat down on the floor. Or was there not supposed to be  a floor in that place?

I fell down the black hole in the cave and spots danced in front of my jade-colored eyes, in all shapes and sizes, before I crashed into a floor and lay there bleeding and gasping for air.

I had fallen down into the Abyss.

Oh, crud.

To think that the Abyss had creeped in before we could do anything about it. But something had been missing from the Abyss.

It hadn't been sucking in anything.

It was supposed to be able to suck in the dragons. But in my case, it had drawn me into it.

Will wonders never cease?

"Raposa, your help please?" I thought angirly to her. She didn't answer me, and I got the slightest bit panicky. 

Then another voice substituted for her.

"Well, you've discovered or little lair, have you?" Rikshay spoke in my mind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked hurridly.

"I live here of course." He spoke inside my mind.

"I know that much, why is here----here?" I replied.

"Well, We have been slowly feeding off the dragons in their sleep, sending them frightnening nightmares. It's quite fun, you should try it sometime!" he commented to me cheerily.

"You are a maniac, you know that?" I said in response. I heard his chuckle, loud and arrogant and then the dreaded words.

"We've begun the seige on the Mountain before anyone knows whats going on. You'll be sucked in the Abyss through the inside and outside. " he said with a hostile edge to his voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please like the chapter even though it may or may not be short. Anyways, hoped you liked it! (=^-^=)

-QueenietheCat =))))