CHAPTER 16: ASS-KICKING, THE EVIL PLAN, AND SOME MORE ASS KICKING

16

ass-kicking, the evil plan,

and some more ass-kicking

Iris shouted victoriously as she gave another punch to yet another Resurrected out of hundreds of punches she had given to hundreds of Resurrected. The pile of unconscious dead was piling up at a section of the room and the more Iris punched, the larger the pile grew, but many were regaining consciousness and Iris feared that she would be unable to clear enough out without more zombies taking their place. “JUST STAY DEAD!” Iris exclaimed as she punched, her purple metal-clad fists causing a scraggily man in his mid-forties to tumble to the ground unconscious.

Iris panted as she grew tired and she wiped the top of her forehead and caught her breath as the forever cool metal touched her. She knew that upstairs, on ground level, the others were waiting for her and she knew that lives may depend on her getting out of the death trap.

*** *** ***

Locke, Flynn, Wire, Korwyn, and Toni awaited Iris’ arrival with baited breath; second sun set was in one hour according to human time. They all looked uncomfortably at Lokar who was smiling and dancing in a corner, looking like a complete maniac, but they were all happy to see that Wire had healed for the most part. He was sitting up and was tapping into his T.S.T searching for some way to teleport Iris up.

“How do we know that if Iris does indeed make her way back up here, that you won’t click the button?” Toni asked coldly, hatred clearly visible in her eyes as she looked at the man who had used her as a puppet and forced her to kill so many times.

Lokar smiled and hopped from foot to foot with glee as he clapped his hands. “That’s the perfect thing! You don’t know! I might just kill that little brat the moment she steps upon this ground, if she ever does. But you have to trust me!” Lokar sang happily as he admitted their cruel truth but Flynn still didn’t like it.

“I won’t let you lay even a finger on Iris!” Flynn shouted angrily and Wire grabbed his hand in warning and shook his head.

“Don’t do it. This guy isn’t reliable, we know that. Who knows, he might just throw you down the pit as well.” Wire whispered and Flynn backed down.

Lokar started laughing maniacally, “You guys really aren’t in that great of a situation… What about a backup plan?”

They all narrowed their eyes and looked at Lokar suspiciously. Lokar jumped back in feigned surprise and he yelped, “You know, I’m starting to rethink the fact that looks can’t kill!” Loker smiled and straightened his back and then explained, “Come on, you and I know that that little brat, magic flames or whatever, will not be able to make it out of that pit alive. So here’s my offer. You leave her, just leave her to die in that pit and if she comes out, she will learn that her friends abandoned her. If you do that, you can all escape with your lives. Do we have a deal?”

The group stared at Lokar in bewilderment and Locke was the first to regain his mental stability and answer, “No. We do not have a deal.”

The yelp Lokar made was extremely high pitched, as if he found the idea of not abandoning one’s friends absurd. “W-Why do you just go? You get to live.

Locke shrugged and answered plainly, “But I don’t want to live with the fact that I abandoned my friend.”

Lokar just stared at Locke curiously and asked the rest of the group, “Do all you pathetic weaklings feel this way?”

Everyone nodded simultaneously and Lokar shriveled his face in disgust, “Fine. I’ll let you all wait here in hopes that a little brat will come and save you. And when she doesn’t, I will laugh and I will kill every person on this planet, except for me of course!”