CHAPTER 6: QUESTIONS, STUPID MOVES, AND SOME MORE QUESTIONS

6

questions, stupid moves,

and some more questions

Standing before the group was a creature that looked like a human female with long, straight black hair with red eyes and red skin tone. She was wearing clothes that seemed to be made of a leathery substance that covered only her chest and waist. Though her clothing looked like one’s of a beast, her eyes told tales of intelligence. She faced the group with an analyzing gaze and leaned in close. The surprise of seeing a human looking creature on Mars had made Korwyn and Flynn drop their arms. The purple glow of Flynn’s gauntlets evaporated into the air while Korwyn’s finger dropped from the trigger and she slowly lowered her arm, relaxing slightly but still ready to shoot at any time. They were all ready to see a vicious beast that would attack them, but they weren’t ready to see a girl who looked like a twenty year old human start studying them.

The girl turned around to face the shadows and started waving at it while clicking her tongue. One by one, to the group’s surprise, more human looking creatures stepped out of the shadows. There were a total of three people who came out of the shadows, including the girl. There was a tall boy with bright red hair and tanned skin wearing a loin cloth made out of the same material the girl’s was. There was also another girl with a confident look on her face wearing spotted furs; she had short black hair that clung to her scalp.

“T-These can’t be the zombies… they’re human.” Iris whispered quietly to Flynn who was staring at the humanoids curiously.

“You can’t know that Raine. The important thing you need to know about aliens is that they are different than humans; some aliens have the ability to make themselves look like other species. For example…”

“Humans.” Wire said as he was looking down at watch.

“Exactly Wire, but I was talking to Raine.”

Wire shook his head and looked up from his T.S.T. “No, not that. I mean that these creatures hold an almost identical genetic structure as Homo sapiens.” The group looked at Wire oddly and Flynn asked, “Are you sure?”

Wire nodded, “Yes, I checked, doubled checked, and then triple checked. Using the scans that I got just now, these people,” He stopped to wave at the three people who were standing near. “Are people…?” His sentence trailed off as he realized the three barely dressed humans were no longer there.

“Impossible. This is the year two billion on Morgona Mars, which means it should only be about the year three thousand on Earth. Humans have only just completed traveling to only half the planets in the Milky Way and colonizing half of those, they couldn’t have possibly reached Malxing. They don’t even have a perfected formula for creating an atmosphere!”

Wire closed his eye in thought while he rubbed his temples. “Like I said Locke, they have an almost identical genetic code but there is something missing. What is it?!” He was sliding down the wall with his eye closed but upon closer inspection, one would find that his eyes were fluttering furiously beneath the lids. “GOT IT!” He jumped up and startled the rest of the group who were looking at him with concern. “Gallfinaens! Remember Ash!” He exclaimed as he flailed his arms in excitement.

“Gallfinaens, what do they have to do with this?” Locke asked.

“My stupid T.S.T is on the fritz and I had to recognize the genetic codes myself rather than the program recognizing it for me. The DNA structure looked almost identical to Homo sapiens but there was just something different. I thought that somebody had altered the humans’ DNA in some way but it’s naturally like that. It’s actually the genetic code of Gallfinae people, the people who live on a planet almost identical to Earth and have a societal structure almost identical to Earth, but they are more technologically advanced by about one thousand years.”