CHAPTER 13: ANOTHER ORB, FRIENDSHIP, AND A PRINCE'S PAST

13

another orb, friendship,

and a prince’s past

Iris and Locke were leaning against the wall, growing bored due to the fact that it had been over ten minutes since Toni had left them.

“Are you sure they will be able to save us?” Iris asked pessimistically.

Locke rolled his eyes at her, “Was my speech wasted on you? Don’t worry, we’ll get out of here, Flynn will either save us or we’ll get out by ourselves. First, we should take advantage of our situation and gather information about Project Rjaxor 2.0.”

Iris nodded, “Fine… Oh the door is opening!” She exclaimed as the door to Miss Kara’s room opened and a cart pushed outwards, shortly followed by Toni. She had a smile on her face and her gray skin seemed to be a little less gray.

“You’re happy.” Iris stated as she looked at Toni’s cheeks and smile.

Toni looked at her with a smile, “Yes I am. Miss Kara is not perfect, but she is getting better.”

“Well that is good to hear.” Locke smiled, though it was obvious to Iris that the smile didn’t reach his eyes. Locke was about to take a peak inside the room to greet Miss Kara when Toni shut the door.

“Sorry, she may be getting better, but she is still rather frail and I think it would be better for her if no stranger were to bother her.”

Locke nodded but eyed the door suspiciously.

Iris smiled, “Okay then Toni, shall we continue from where we were before?”

Toni nodded, “Yes, you were asking about who Lokar is, correct?”

Iris dipped her head in agreement. “Yes, who is he, exactly?”

Toni looked up in thought and began to push her tray, “Well, it is hard to explain… Lokar is like the General of the Resurrected. He is a man we all respect very much and he is kind and honest to his people. We all love him and are devoted to him. It may sound foolish, but he is the one that brought us out of the dark world that we once lived in, and we feel that it is only right for us to properly pay our debts.”

Iris smiled, “I know someone kind of like that. He’s not exactly my leader but he brought me to a place I can call home. This Lokar fellow sounds like a nice guy.”

Toni bowed her head, “He truly is… Now then, you two may feel like you have gotten to your proper health, but you would be mistaken. I shall return you to your rooms and we shall continue this discussion tomorrow.”

Locke and Iris nodded. “Is it alright if we share a room?” Locke asked, hoping that Iris and he would be able to talk of strategies of escape in private.

Toni pondered upon the idea then answered. “I don’t see any reason why not.”

So Toni led Locke and Iris through the maze of corridors and tunnels that made up the hospital and guided them back to their rooms.

“Please have a nice sleep.” Toni said as she turned away from the two in the doorway, pushing her cart ahead of her.

“I hope you do too.” Iris called as Toni’s figure faded down the hallway. Locke shut the door abruptly and began to search the room.

“What are you doing?” Iris exclaimed as Locke picked up a lamp that sat on her night table and smashed it against the desk.

“Shut up for a second newbie!” He shouted as a reply. He pulled open the drawer of the night table and patted it down. As he found nothing, he turned to an empty bookshelf that hung on the wall and began to pat it down as well.