Chapter 1*

Summary: Paul puts Jake in his place after Bella slapped him, after she tried to protect Jake. Sam makes Paul Beta and Bella finds herself thrown in with the pack, a lowly human forced to listen to orders. She can't seem to defy anything Sam and Paul tell her to do. And if a certain angry wolf imprinted on Bella? Sam has his own secret and Bella tries and fails to deny it. A sudden undeniable bond with the Alpha changes everything and could ruin everyone. An old friend shows up needing her help and this time Bella won't run from him. Unbeknownst to this old friend, trouble of the vampire variety follows and he wants Bella. What will win out, the imprint with Paul or this destined bond with Sam the alpha? And, who will save Bella?

I'm not a Twilight fan, but I have sadly read the books and regrettably seen a couple of the movies. I was a fan once upon a time, but the crazy obsessive fans (No offense, I swear) and the fact (SPOILER) that not only did Jacob not end up with Bella, but he imprinted on her half vampire baby, took part in ruining it. I mean REALLY? I read the books way before they were popular and before there was ever talk of the movies. And I was team Jacob from the first book, never really cared for Edward at all. It used to cause some pretty heated arguments between some friends and me. But this isn't about Jacob and Bella or Edward. Now you're confused right? Why am I writing Twilight fan fiction if I don't like the series? Well, my guilty little pleasure is reading Twilight fanfics. Some of the stories are so much better than the actual books.

************

(Paul)

I was seething. How dare a vampire lover come here and yell at me. Come here and slap me. She knew nothing. I was starting to lose control, transforming into my wolf. Jacob came bursting out, running towards all of us. Bella ran towards Jacob and that just pissed me off more. Jake transformed in mid-leap, leaving Bella stunned.

(Bella's PoV)

I got out of my truck confused. They're telling me not to stare at Emily. I was too caught up in what could be going on with Jake and Paul.

  "...Leave it up to Jake to find a way around Sam's gag order."

  I snapped out of it, they think Jake told me about what they all are. "He didn't say anything to me." I didn't explain any further, an old unhealed cut on my upper arm started to tingle and itch. It caught me off guard and a breathy gasp escaped my lips, the tingling cut was quickly becoming uncomfortably hot. Emily opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the guys arriving outside.

  "Pay up, I told ya Jacob would get his ass kicked." Someone boasted loudly.

  "Unbelievable Jake." Jared scoffed.

I stepped outside and sure enough, Jake was bruised and battered. He walked over to me.

  "God Jake, are you okay?"

  "Yeah, Bells I'm already starting to heal. I'm fine; I just can’t believe he kicked my ass." He said highly disappointed, but yet amazed.

  "What does it mean Jacob?"

  "I'm not sure. Paul hasn't said what he wants yet."

  "Oh. Emily seems really nice." I changed the subject.

  "Yeah, she's amazing."

  "Yeah, but are you sure you're okay? Jake this looks pretty brutal. I can't believe Paul." I couldn't help but change the subject back.

  "I'm fine. Just leave it and leave Paul alone okay, stay on his good side."

  "I'm not gonna let him get away with this. I don't care if he beat you in a fight or whatever-"

  "Sam decided that Paul's in charge of your well-being. Alpha order; we have to listen."

  "I am not a wolf; Sam can't decide anything for me."

  Jacob closed his eyes and sighed heavily. He's stressing about this. "Bella all this is really serious. Paul is Beta now. It's dangerous, he's so temperamental. Just stop. Please."

  "I'm going home. When you come to your senses, call me." I'm hurt. I know it's difficult with the pack and all, but Jake… I don't know where he gets off. All of a sudden I'm pushed in with the pack. An order from the Alpha. I'm his friend not their pack mate. I don't get why everyone lets Paul act like that, it's ridiculous. His behavior towards me should have nothing to do with any of the wolves or the pack or what the hell ever. I'm over it.

I'm almost to my truck when a figure appears in front of me, blocking the driver’s door.

  "Bella, Jacob's being stupid. Paul's in charge because Jacob is not always the most responsible and he's not actually in charge of you."

  "Sam, is it? I don't really want to hear it right now; I haven't spoken to Jake in weeks. Last time I knew, he was afraid of you and now all of a sudden he's some wolf in your pack acting like nothing ever happened. I refuse to be lumped in with it. I'm not a wolf. I have no damn alpha or beta to answer to. Nobody is in charge of me, I don't take orders. I am not going to be one of your groupies or followers or hall monitors on steroids or whatever you refer to them as." I huffed loudly.

  Sam smirked down at me at the last one. "I agree completely. I'm not trying to push you into the pack, but I know that you might be around a lot. You're a human on the Rez, we have to protect you."

  I scoff at that. "So you put Mr. Anger Management in charge of that?"

  "That must seem really crazy. Paul's... it's not what it looks like. Paul's not that bad. Jake exaggerated. He's a good leader, it comes naturally. Once he gets a hold of his anger and controls it better, there won't be any problems. It's harder for some people."

  "That's great." I gave him a thumbs up, showing my sarcasm. "Can I leave now?"

  "Fine." He said calmly and moved to the side, unblocking my truck's door.

I opened the door.

  "Bella?"

  I sighed. "What?"

  "Would you just stay? Let us show you we aren't really all that bad. There’s a bonfire down at the beach and everything. I promise it will be fun."

  "No."

   "Why not?"

  "I don't want to." I looked back at the house, everyone was watching silently on the porch. "I have no real reason. I don't want to be here."

His expression changed, clearly annoyed but still trying to be nice about it.

  "Stay." He stated firmly.

  I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah."

  Sam smiles like a fat kid in an unattended candy store. "You won't regret it and Jake'll be happy."

  "Yeah." I repeated and walked to the house.

  "I'm so glad you changed your mind Bells." Jake smiled happily at me, pulling me into a surprisingly gentle hug.

  "Yeah." I repeated again.

  "Who the hell cares if the blood sucker wannabe stays or not?"

  "Shut up Paul." Jacob hissed.

  "No, you shut up Jake!" Paul yelled.

Jacob looked at Paul with anger in his eyes, not saying a word. Paul smiled. The others didn't say anything. They wanted to defend their brother, that was easy to see, but none of them could bring themselves to stand up to the newly appointed Beta.

I looked at Jake, unable to say a word of defense for him. I couldn't bring myself up against him either.

What do you guys think? I know it's short, but hopefully the chapters with be longer as I go on. Should I continue? Please give me your feedback!