Chapter 1

Here's a book I'm writing :) Votes would be nice, no pressure though.

****************************

I was in my usual seat at the back of the class staring out the window at a momma bird feeding her babies. It may seem like I wasn't listening to the teacher but I was listening intently, hanging on her every word. That's why I heard very clearly when she said-

"Victoria? Do you know the answer to the question on the board? Or are you too busy daydreaming?" I did know for a fact that the answer was 61,142 but I didn't tell her that. Instead I stared at her expectant face with my blank one. "Well?"

"She doesn't talk." Trixie cut in. I went back to staring out the window. She was right I hadn't uttered a word in 3 years, I'm not even sure if I can anymore.

I inwardly smiled at the little birds. So free. If they had problems all they had to do was spread their wings and-

I was slapped out of my thoughts by the teacher. Literally slapped! On the hand with her ruler. It made me mad how she thought she could treat me like that just because I was younger. I looked at her face and raised my eyebrow tauntingly. After a few moments she went to slap me again but this time I snatched it out of her hand and broke it before giving it back. Her mouth gaped open and she made her way back to her desk mumbling something along the way about detention.

The bell rang then signaling it was time to go to the next class. I hurried out of the class before the teacher could confront me and went back to my locker. When I got there surprise, surprise! Guess who was waiting for me. Trixie and her evil minions. I never could figure out how they moved so fast in stiletto's...

"Hey dork! Guess what?" she greeted cheerfully and waited for a response. In the past I felt like actually saying something to see what they would do but I never did it. "Oh so you don't want to know what they said?.... Ok" and with that she left. I didn't really want to hear what she had to say but most of the time she tells me anyway.

After grabbing my books I headed to the next class. Once I was in my seat I looked at the other students present. I recognized most of them except a few new faces. Judging by the scared faces and whispering I could tell they already heard the rumors about me. My cat died yesterday, it got ran over by my neighbor. The neighbor happened to be Trixie's father and now she's saying I killed my cat with my bare hands. What makes it worse is that everyone believes her and I can't stand up for myself.

The teacher entered then and started talking.

"This year we will be working on-"

"Sorry I'm late sir!" A new voice proclaimed.

"Mr. umm"

"Douglas Jones."

"Mr. Jones do you have a good reason for being late?"

"Yes sir I was at my grandma's funeral." He stated solemnly. My heart went out to him at that moment. I had people I loved die before and it must be torture to come to school right after the funeral. My heart went back into my chest where it belonged when I realized that he was lying. I didn't know for sure but judging by the boy's fist bumping him and saying "nice one" he was probably lying.

He came down the isle and I could've sworn he was in slow motion with a fan blowing in his dirty blonde hair like the movies. He had distressed baggy jeans, a white v neck t-shirt and black and white converses. His blue eyes were sparkling as he took his long, confident strides.

I looked around the classroom there was only two seats available. One by queen of mean and one by the gothic dork (that's me if you didn't realize.) who do you think he's gonna pick? I looked out the window thinking the answer was obvious and that's why it surprised me when I heard