Chapter 10

{Hey guys! This is the last chapter, sadly, but tomorrow I shall have the epilogue out! Please vote and comment to show the love!

Now...LETS RESCUE LEVY!!!!!!}

-Levy-

I didn't like this, not one bit. The hiding spot was incredibly cramp and filthy, but I really shouldn't complain. After all, Laxus can't find me now, not with my scent masked. And even if my scent wasn't masked, I'd doubt he'd be able to crawl into this burrow anyways.

Mirajane had decided this strangely large borrow would be the perfect hiding place for me. It was large enough for someone such as Wendy or I to crawl into, but for anyone else, trying to get inside this hole would be a great waste of their time. It was already cramped for my small body, and it was starting to become increasingly uncomfortable.

It would take a few hours for Gajeel and the other pack members to get here, that I knew. I just hoped that they would make it here all right, knowing now what Laxus is capable of. After all, he managed to defeat Gajeel, an Alpha raging over the fact that his possession of a mate could, and in this case would, be altered towards the negative.

For now, I simply curled up as best as I could, trying to sleep the hours away. But with a cramped neck and no room to lay down, I knew that sleep would only remain a wish for myself. I counted the falling snowflakes as entertainment, as well as telling myself stories that I remembered straight from the books that I had read. Speaking of books, it would have been great if Mirajane or Lisanna had given me some to occupy myself.

A little rabbit had hopped its way over towards me, and I giggled when his little nose twitched as he sniffed around. His fur was as white as the snow itself, and it honestly would have been hard to see the little cutie if not for his rapid movements. When suddenly, the little bunny hopped away, obviously afraid of something. His fear must had been contagious, as I was now afraid of what it saw.

Perhaps it was something that would only spook a rabbit, such as a fallen limb or perhaps a little fox. But from the pounding footsteps that I had heard, I knew that it was something, or rather someone, that could potentially be frightening to me. I prayed that it wasn't Laxus, or a feral lycan. But then I heard something, something that erased my fears for good.

"Gihi, I found her!"

With my eyes watering, I quickly scurried out of the burrow and raced towards the approaching figure, who was none other than Gajeel, my Gajeel. He ran towards me as well, scooping me up and hugging me tight towards his chest. I sobbed into his chest, clinging onto him as if I would never see him again. He only whispered soothing words to me as he rubbed my back comfortingly. I sighed in contentment and simply enjoyed being in his arms once more. Despite hearing more footsteps, several in fact, approaching us, I didn't care at the moment.

Lifting my head up, I stared into Gajeel's eyes for the first time since seeing him last. He had tears in the corners of his eyes, his lips pulled up in a slight smirk. I couldn't help but to stare at his slightly plump, but mostly thin lips. As if knowing what I wanted, Gajeel leaned down and captured my mouth into a loving and gentle kiss. Happily, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back, just a lovingly and as passionately as he was. His arms tightened around my waist as he brought me closer to him, signaling that he would never let me go again. And I didn't mind. In fact, I accepted it with joy.

Someone behind us cleared their throat, causing us to blush and pull away. However, Gajeel kept his arms tightly wrapped around my waist, keeping his secretly displayed promise.

"As much as we love the fact that you guys are reunited, we need to get out of here before Laxus shows up," Gray pointed out, to which we nodded in agreement.