Chapter 4

{Hello my amazing GaLe shippers! I hope that you guys enjoy this chapter, and please leave a like and comment to show the love!

Now, let's howl away to the story!!(so cheesy)}

-Levy-

About a week had passed before I was able to get up and move around. Gajeel had been very protective of me, not allowing anyone other than himself and his little sister, Wendy, to visit me. He claimed that the others could end up giving me a deadly disease.

"Like what?!" I had asked him.

He shrugged. "Rabies?"

But that was Gaje, the guy whom I grew up with. I did remember him being incredibly attached to me. I had always asked him why he stayed by my side at all times, and he would always reply with the same old answer.

"I like you."

We did crush on each other, and we knew that we liked one another. However, my mom would never allow us to officially date because we were only in elementary school, and I guess she did have a point there.

"Hey, little Shrimp."

Glancing up from my book, which Gajeel got me from one of the pack members who liked to read, I spotted my best friend leaning against the cave wall. Smiling, I patted the empty space beside me on the large collection of fur throws.

I was incredibly embarrassed when I found out that I was staying in Gajeel's cave, but he assured me that since we were to marry at a ceremony soon, it would be totally fine for me to stay with him. It wasn't as if I've never slept in the same bed as him. We always had sleepovers as kids, but now, we were grown, and it made us sharing a sleeping spot rather awkward at first. But, by the third day, I had become use to it. After all, he was rather warm to snuggle up with at night.

Gajeel smirked and walked over towards me, laying down on the fur throws next to me. He pulled me towards him, nuzzling the crook of my neck. I giggled due to the loose hair strands of his, ticking my face.

"What's so funny Shortstack?" he chuckled out, leaving a quick kiss on my cheek.

Blushing, I giggled out, "Your hair was tickling me."

With a devious grin, Gajeel suddenly began to tickle me all over, causing me to squeal out in laughter. I desperately tried to get the brute off of me, but it was to no avail.

"Gaje!! Stop it!!" I laughed out, my eyes now tearing up.

He continued to tickle me, showing no signs of stopping. "Nope! Not until you say that I'm super sexy and you're crazy for me!!"

I snorted along with my laughter. "Never!!"

Picking it up a notch, Gajeel tickled me all over at a much faster pace, causing me to scream and kick at him. "Okay okay, fine!!! You're super sexy and I'm crazy for you."

He finally ceased to tickle me and kissed my forehead. "Darn right you are."

Blushing brightly, I pushed Gajeel away and sat up, stretching. "So, since I'm all better, can I leave this cave now?"

"Yep! I actually was coming in here to get ya. I want ya to meet my pack members," Gaje said.

I cheered, causing him to laugh, and stood up for the first time in a week. I was wobbly at first, but I got the hang of it. Gajeel helped me walk around his cave for a little bit first. Then, he grabbed a jacket of his and thew it at me. Giggling, I quickly slipped the jacket on, not minding that it was insanely too big for me.

Grabbing my hand, Gajeel led me out of his cave. I gasped when I glanced around. What we were in wasn't necessarily a cave, but rather a stone hut with an arched door-way, resembling a cave entrance . There was a long fur skin hanging on the side, which I quickly realized was the door to the stone hut. All around me, there were several of these stone huts, but Gajeel's was the largest. I assumed that it was because of the fact that he was the Alpha wolf.

At the center of the stone huts, was a large fire pit, perfect for a pack gathering. And lastly, I saw many pack members, both in wolf form and in human form.

Gajeel led me over towards the large fire pit, which was luckily lit, melting the snow around it. I smiled in content when the warmth of the fire hit my face, warming my body completely up. Gajeel chuckled at this and ruffled my hair, causing me to pout towards him.

"Everyone! May I have your attention!" he yelled out, causing everyone to stop what they were doing.

Anyone who was in wolf form quickly shifted back into their human form, myself relieved when I saw that they shifted back with their clothes on.

"This is my mate-to-be, yer future Alpha female. All of ya poodles better treat her with respect, or the outcome won't be so pretty," he growled towards the end.

I slapped his very muscular arm. "Don't be so rude, Gajeel!" I turned towards the pack members, some of the males holding their laughs in from me scolding their Alpha, and waved shyly. "Hello, everyone."

Suddenly, everyone swarmed me, hugging me and introducing themselves.

"I'm Lucy, the second-in-command's mate. I was the one who lent you that book to read! I have plenty more if you would like to borrow those as well!" a somewhat tall girl with blonde hair and brown eyes said.

I smiled brightly towards her. "I'm Levy! And I would love to read the books that you have! I'm a total bookworm!"

"Me too!" she squealed out.

We squealed together and jumped around for a bit, causing Gajeel and a pink headed man to laugh at us. I assumed, from Lucy's blush, that the man next to Gaje was the Second-In-Command and her mate.

The boys walked over towards us after out little squeal fest.

"She's a beauty, metal head. You better keep an eye on her when that other Alpha arrives," Natsu chuckled out.

Gajeel growled and smacked Natsu on the back of his head, but I was too curious about something to really notice. Lucy simply rolled her eyes, as if she was use to this kind of stuff happening.

"What other Alpha?" I asked.

Gajeel shrugged. "We've got a lot of feral wolves on the loose around here, so I'm tryin' ta get another Alpha to become allies with me. I have one who's accepted, and he's coming for a visit next week."

"Yea, and from what I've heard, he's mateless. So any girl not paired up officially by the ceremony is up for the taking, including you Levy," Natsu added.

I raised a brow, now even more confused. "But I'm with Gajeel, right?"

I prideful smirk appeared on my, well I guess boyfriend's face. "Yea, we're together, but we won't be official, or as you humans put it, married, until we have a ceremony. Until then, any male wolf can challenge me for ya."

"But you won't let anyone, right?" I asked.

Suddenly, Gajeel wrapped his arms around me protectively, ignoring the smirking Natsu, and nuzzled me.

"No one'll take my Shrimp away, I promise."