Chapter 7

{Hello my amazing GaLe shippers! I apologize for not updating! I was busy haha! But I am back and here daily from now on hopefully. Please vote and comment to show the love!

Now, let's see how Levy is doing after all that has happened >:) }

-Levy-

Everything around me seemed more...gloomy. I couldn't hear the birds chirping, nor the few remaining leaves blowing along with the flow of this winter breeze. Lisanna was also quiet, but unlike myself, she wore upon her face a gentle smile. That smile confused me, wondering to myself why she would be happy with being separated from her brother!

The lycan, who was incredibly creepy to me, was someone who she didn't even know! He just grabbed her and told her that he was going to claim her. I wondered if that was the way of lycan life, and from seeing how utterly calm she appeared, I inferred that this was something that she was expecting. And I didn't like it.

Were female lycans mere puppy makers to the males? I didn't honestly know, as I never thought to ask such a question. Everyone was treated equally in Gajeel's back. There was nothing but smiles and laughter among the pack members. But perhaps that was his pack, a pack of freedom and laughter. Perhaps other packs were more...animal.

"Levy? How are you holding up?" Lisanna asked.

We weren't quite at the pack yet. Laxus and the others wanted to take a break since night was falling. The cold winds were nearly unbearable to me, so Laxus had given me his thick coat. I hated his smell, but I needed the warmth.

The only other being here besides us was Bickslow, stating that he didn't want to leave Lisanna so soon.I really hated to admit it, but they made a pretty cute couple. I shouldn't be bothered by it if Lisanna was okay with him.

"Not good, obviously. I just want Gajeel back," I admitted, not caring if Bickslow heard me. To be honest, he actually seemed to be on our side of this whole situation.

The tall man himself gave me a weird look. "You mean you still like the guy? I thought Laxus's pheromones would have kicked in by now."

"Pheromones?" I questioned.

Lisanna nodded. "Yes. You see, male lycans begin releasing certain pheromones that can only be scented by the female he wants to claim once he's found the perfect female. Once the female smells the unique scent, she instantly finds the male attractive. This method even works on humans, like yourself. Laxus most likely began releasing these pheromones right after we left the territory, so I'm surprised to see that you still hate him and want Gajeel instead."

"Really? Is that why you're okay with Bickslow...?"

"Yes! And it's only natural for females to leave their home pack once they are chosen. Lucy wasn't always apart of Gajeel's pack, you know. She's originally from the Northern Pack. Juvia is also from that pack as well. Natsu and Gray found their mates at the same time actually," she giggled out.

Bickslow simply shook his head, a wide grin on his face. "I'm just still surprised that Laxus's pheromones don't work on Levy."

"And so am I..."

We all snapped our heads towards the direction of the voice, seeing Laxus, Freed, and Evergreen appear out of the forest, a few dead rabbits in their possession.

I looked away from the tall blonde and glanced down at my feet, drawing random shapes into the snow. A cold, disturbing kiss was felt on my cheek, and it took every control cell that I had to keep myself from slapping him across his face.

"That's no way to treat your mate," he teased lightly, running his fingers through my blue hair.

"We're not official yet," I bit out, shoving his hand away from my hair.

Only Gajeel could play with my hair like that.

"Hmmm, yes, you're right. But yet won't be forever. I plan to have us married by the end of the week," he chuckled out, glancing up towards Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow, "Get a fire going! I want these rabbits cooked quickly!"

Nodding, his pack members quickly got to work while Laxus sat down beside me.

"Why are you doing this? I know you don't like me," I questioned him, keeping my voice low.

He smirked. "You aren't going to be the one I love. I have another woman. You're for a different purpose, so I suppose that I can discontinue this 'act of romance' now that we are away from that idiotic pack."

My eyes widened, and I covered my mouth as to refrain myself from gasping. He...had another woman? Looking away from Laxus, I glared at his personal trio, especially at Bickslow. They knew, I could just feel it. They also more than likely heard due to their incredible werewolf hearing abilities.

I glanced back at Laxus. "If you already have a mate, then why lie and steal me from Gajeel?"

"Because I'm not finished with you, Levy McGarden. Just because Redfox took you away from your human life didn't mean that he took you away from me," he growled out lowly.

I gave him a look. "What are you talking about? All you did was bully me. Surely you can give that up."

"You don't understand, do you? I shouldn't be surprised, you being a human and all. But here's the thing. Your father died for a wanted crime, a crime that should have been dealt with appropriately. " he bit out.

"...Crime?!"

He shook his head. "You really are stupid. You're father wasn't human, but a centuries old councilman. He was the one who broke the law of mating with a human. My father, who was also on the council, declared that your father should be executed for his crimes. But, the others didn't see it that way. They got rid of the rule and allowed your parents to remain together. You came along, and that's when my father lost it. He waited for awhile, seeking the perfect opportunity. When I was around ten, he killed your father by poising his meal. It was meant to be a slow death, make it seem less suspicious,"

Tears fell from my eyes, but I needed to know everything now. I needed to. "Then why do you hate me if your father got what he wanted?! Why?!"

Everyone had fallen silent, now listening in. Bickslow held guilt upon his face, but he gave Lisanna a strange look, a very suspicious look to me.

Laxus grabbed me suddenly, pinning me against the tree. His eyes were glowing a golden color and his canines were peeking out of his mouth. "Because the council caught my father after a few years! They killed him right in front of me, my own father!"

My eyes widened greatly.

"I swore from that day that I would get my revenge, and my revenge...will be to kill you, slowly torture you and watch you die like the disgusting, pathetic little human you are!"