Chapter 6

{Hello my amazing GaLe Shippers!! I hope that you dudes enjoy this chapter, and please vote and comment to show the love!

Now onto the rage, erm, *clears throat*, I mean story}

-Gajeel-

It was obvious that there was more to this idiot's story than what he told me. Levy was trembling beside of me, holding onto my right arm as if she knew I were about to disappear forever. Her eyes held a certain fear towards the Eastern Alpha, so I was very skeptical of him. However, I really needed this alliance. Despite the fact that I loved Levy more than anything, my pack had to come first.

My duty as Alpha came with a price. I couldn't allow my mate to be the cause of my pack's ultimate downfall, unless she were in a life and death situation that is. As long as my mate-to-be was alive and relatively well, then I had no choice but to put the pack before her.

"Alright then, so you know my future mate. Big deal. Now, what's the reason for ya makin' such a long journey ta come down here?" I asked, getting straight to the point. I could feel the hurt coming from my little Shrimp, but right now I had to be in business mode.

Laxus smiled, his sharp, canine teeth peeking out of his mouth. "Simple. I'm looking for a mate, an Alpha Female. My pack hasn't had one since I took over five years ago, and I was hoping that your pack would have mateless females?"

"Tch, yea we got some. Don't know if they'll take a likin' to ya though," I grumbled towards him, making sure that Shrimp was as close to me as she possibly could get. I knew she was only human, but once exposed to a lycan pack, the human could qualify as a mate, which I found out recently from the council members themselves.

"Wonderful! I shall take a look around!" he chuckled out, skimming though the members of my pack.

The mated females were all instantly snatched up by their mates, multiple glares being sent towards Laxus. The unmated females, which weren't many at all, were standing alone and averting their gazes from Laxus. One female, who was known as Lisanna, was taken into interest by not Laxus, but by one of his pack members.

"Hehe, Alpha? Mind if I snatch up a gal too? If you aren't interested in her of course," the tall, blue headed one laughed out with a strangely raspy voice.

Laxus merely shrugged. "Do what you want, Bickslow. None of these are of any interest to me."

I glared at that Bickslow guy as he walked up towards my pack member, Lisanna, and picked her up. She squealed and blushed, but she didn't fight back. As a lycan, she knew that she had no control over what male chose her to become his life-long mate.

"Gajeel! Aren't you going to stop him?!" Shrimp asked desperately.

I sighed and shook my head. "Females have no saying in who chooses them. But don't worry. We're made to fall deeply in love with whoever becomes our life-long mate." I made sure to say it loud enough for Elfman to hear, knowing that he was at the point of creating unneeded destruction.

I glanced down at my little bookworm. She was already looking up at me, confusion clearly seen all over her face. To reassure her, I smiled down at her and patted her on the head for assurance. She eventually smiled back and leaned against my arm that she was holding onto.

"Finally. Now that you lovebirds are done, I'd like to mention that I know exactly who I want from your pack," the blonde headed Alpha admitted, a slight smirk upon his face.

He was somewhat eyeing my Shrimp, which made me nearly growl at him. "And who is she?"

He chuckled, now opening eyeing my girl. "I want Miss Levy McGarden. After all, you aren't officially mated to her, and fighting me for her would be a terrible idea. You know good and well that I'm the most powerful Alpha."

Levy gasped and hid behind me, burying her face into my back. "No! Please don't make me go with him, Gajeel! He's mean to me, he hurts me! He waits for me to walk to school and then corners me in alleyways, and he beats me up until I do whatever he says!"

I was already growling at the guy for even thinking about taking my mate away from me, but hearing her say that made the entire situation even more irritating. I snarled towards him, wrapping an arm around my Shrimp and holding her securely against my back.

"Levy is mine! Do ya hear me?! Mine!" I roared out at him.

But he only laughed at me. "Then are you willing to challenge me? I won't go easy on you, just to let you know."

"Yer darn right I'm willin' ta challenge ya! No one ain't gonna take her away from me! Not ever again!"

I let go of Levy and pushed her towards the crowd, not wanting her to get hurt. Laxus stepped away from his fellow pack members, walking towards me. A feral grin was plastered upon his face, his eyes narrowed.

"Just for your information, I didn't come to this good for nothing pack to get an alliance made. I found out that the midget was living here now, and I can't just let my little fairy leave me alone, now can I?" He chuckled and glanced over at Levy, who looked away with a guilty aura flowing from her.

I snarled and glared at him. "Yer a sick man, makin' a little school girl entertain ya in alleyways. Just the thought of all tha things ya could have done ta her makes me wanna rip ya apart!"

"Well, go on then. Try to beat me Gajeel Redfox!" Then, the tall Alpha transformed into his wolf, his fur a golden blonde and his eyes as gray as stone.

I wasted no time in transforming, shifting into my black wolf instantly. I growled at him, but he seemed rather uninterested. It caught me off guard, however, I was too late to realize that that was what he exactly wanted. He instantly leaped forward, pouncing on me and biting down on my neck. It was a real struggle to get out of his hold, but I managed to do it after some time.

I wasn't going to lie at this point. His wolf was insanely large, even bigger than my own wolf form. It was going to make this challenge a difficult one, but I had to win. I had to win for Levy. I needed my Shrimp!

I snarled and pounced on him, getting a good bite into his neck. Red stained his blonde fur, and it gave me more confidence. We clashed together, clawing and biting at each other. The size difference was really affecting this fight, as I had more difficulty aiming at the right spots.

Suddenly, I heard Levy scream, which caused me to lose concentration for a moment. But, it was that moment of distraction that led to Laxus tackling me down, biting down on my neck so hard that I began to lose consciousness. Eventually, he let go, but I was much too weak from major blood loss to get back up and keep fighting.

I tried with all of my might to get back up, but I couldn't, I just couldn't. I had lost the challenge, and my nightmare was now my reality.

"Seems you need to work on your focus, kid. Freed! Evergreen! Bickslow! Let's move out!" he said once he shifted back into his human form.

Picking up Levy and slinging her over his shoulders, he and his pack members left our territory.

"GAJEEL!! GAJEEL, HELP ME!!" my little Shrimp cried out, her loud sobs breaking my heart into a million pieces.

"L'Levy...s's...sorry..." I managed to croak out, before the invading darkness consumed me whole.