Chapter 22.

The air in the restaurant was humid, hot and had a hint of stress. The place was so busy, every table was full with people. My mind was spinning, I had already had one woman tell me she was put off her food by the miserable look on my face.

Jeez, what a compliment. 

Luckily my shift was ending at 7:00 which seemed perfect considering I only had 15 minutes left and I have enough time to make myself look more presentable for a date with dougie. The thought of seeing dougie was making my stomach flip with excitement. 

I had noticed that my boss had emerged from the staff room, he appeared to be searching for someone. His eyes scanned the room until they found me. He held a finger up and gestured me towards him. Oh christ. 

I'm dreading this. Why would he want me? Have I done something wrong? Maybe someone has complained, or he's firing me. I was tempted to turn around and run through the door.

I had walked over to him and put my best fake smile on, "Yes boss?"

"Zoe," Shit. "I have been observing your performance at work for the past couple of weeks now," Kill me right now. "and I just wanted to say.....how well you have worked. Well done, you will be getting a pay rise at the end of this month." his lips managed to curl up into a small smile. 

My mouth went dry. well that was unexpected.

"Gosh, thank you! i'm very grateful for this" 

I was smiling like a Cheshire cat. Embarrassingly so. But it didn't add up. He never gives his employees pay rises, not unless they've practically licked his shoes shiny clean. Not that anyone had ever done that. 

Work had ended and I had gotten back home. I opened the door and walked in closing it behind me. I switched the light on. I was about to put my bag down when I heard a muffled noise come from one of the rooms. I froze. 

Then I heard another noise, like a voice. My stomach had practically dropped out of my body. 

But then I heard like a scream, not a loud one but i'm sure it was. I followed my instinct and walked into the room but I was soon to regret that. When I opened Caras door I saw what no bestfriend should have to witness. 

Her and her boyfriend in bed, naked. 

They both jumped up, shocked. I'm sure my face was the same. "Shit, sorry" I covered my eyes with my hand and walked out shutting her door behind me. The embarrassment was real. 

I hurried into my bedroom and sat on my bed, panicked and flustered. I had just walked in on my bestfriend having sex with her boyfriend. How could I be so damn stupid? 

Okay, push that to the back of your mind. You're having a date with dougie. Find something to wear, make yourself look okay.

I opened my wardrobe and straight away pulled out a black, laced, long sleeved dress. It had a large v cut of on the back, and came to around mid thigh. I wore some plain black heels also. I felt pretty. I applied my usual make up and did nothing to my hair. I really hope I haven't made too much of an effort. I heard a beep outside and I knew it was dougie. 

I let out a shaky breath and opened the door, I walked towards his car and got in beside him. He looked beautiful. Dressed in black skinny jeans, a white black polka dotted shirt tucked in and a black blazer topped off with a bowler type hat on. My stomach felt like it was performing some sort of dance routine. 

He looked at me, "you look so beautiful Zoe." I blushed. 

"You're looking rather nice yourself." 

"are you looking forward to tonight?" god yes I am. 

"uh yeah, did you cook?" 

"nah, i'm ordering." I rolled my eyes, "hey be thankful cheeky."

"so you can't cook food?" 

"theres a lot we don't know about each other." he smiled before focusing on the road. I felt his hand make its was onto mine. We held hands until we reached his house. 

His house was beautiful, quirky though. We were still hand in hand when he led us into the kitchen. I was speechless at the sight. 

Through the archway from his kitchen to dining room was dimly lit, the table had a stick candle burning away, the table was scattered in red rose petals, there was fairy lights around the room glowing it up a little. I placed my hand over my mouth and smiled. 

I turned around and dougie was stood there, "this is amazing dougie!" and i wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his around my waist and pressed my body against his, my breathing hitched a little when he rested his head in the crook of my neck and brushed my hair away from my ear and whispered

"I did it for you gorgeous, I'm so glad we can spend some time together" I felt weak at the knees. He pulled away and we walked into the dining room. He pulled out my chair being the gentleman that he is. I didn't even noticed the pizza next to the candle. chicken pizza with a mozzarella stuffed crust. I laughed.

"Lovely choice of food" 

"Glad you like it." he winked in response. I grabbed a slice of pizza and began to take a small bite. 

"Mhm" I closed my eyes and chewed. I was in heaven. I opened them to see Dougie staring at me with an amused look on his face. 

"Enjoying?" My cheeks turned red. I just moaned at pizza. In front of Dougie. Lord. "So lets get to know eachother a little better."

"Like what?"

"Any siblings?"

I shifted uncomfortably, "One step brother. We don't really speak, how about you?"

"One younger sister, what's your least favourite food?" 

"Definitely sweetcorn, that stuff is nasty." I shuddered at the thought (I really do hate that stuff so much) 

He chuckled, we continued to ask questions, we just had a laugh and everything flowed so smoothly. I wish this didn't have to be secret, I wish I could go out and hold hands with him, take selfies and put them on social media, BE a couple. 

"What're you thinking about?" He snapped me out of my daze.

"I...I wish we could be a real couple." I looked down, he reached out and grabbed my hand. 

"We can, just not yet. But between us we are right?" 

I smiled, "Yeah, I'm just being stupid." I let out a breathy laugh. 

Dougie stood up, and for some reason I felt the need to stand up to, he strided towards me and placed his hands at either side of my waist. He pressed his forehead against mine. 

"I've been waiting to do this...." he barely whispered and pressed his lips to mine. my hands combed through his hair as he kissed me harder, our lips massaging one another. He then bit down on my bottom lip, I inhaled sharply giving his tongue access. The kiss got very heated quickly. He pushed me against the wall and our bodies were pressed firmly against eachother. I felt myself moan into the kiss, gaining a smirk from dougie as he pulled away. The look of lust in his eyes made me want more.

"I need you so bad."

read dis

SHOCK 

I JUST UPDATED AGAIN !!! 

okay now i was thinking 'maybe it's time for zoe and dougie to do the dirty' in the next chapter and i want you to let me know if you want it or not (i feel awkward even asking that) like for me to write it (IM CRINGING SO HARD AT ASKING THIS SORRY) but let me know pls guys i beg if you want it or not

ALSO please go ahead and read my other story 'forbidden' I've actually updated it lmao but pls it's about dougie obvs !!! i'd really appreciate if you read and voted/commented and stuff :-) 

vote if you liked and comment your thoughts that would be gr8