Chapter 18: Revenge

Nikki POV:

   Friday at last! Even though my detention plan didn't work, I'm still trying. Let's just say I'm never gonna get myself detention on purpose ever again. I should've known Anthony was gonna be there. When is he not?
   As I got my math books from my locker I saw Jack putting books in his locker. He didn't look sad...just different. It was kind of a worried expression. I'm guessing he could feel my stare. He glanced at me and a small smile spread across his face. I smiled but he looked away quickly. I know why. Anthony came up behind me. "Hey..." He mumbled. "Ugh." I complained and shut my locker. When I turned around he was inches from my face. He tried to come closer but I pushed him.  "Go away." I said loud enough for him to hear. He smirked. "What? I can't kiss my girlfriend?" He says. I scowled. "I'm not your-" he cut me off when he kissed me. I pushed him away. "Me having to kiss you wasn't the deal." I said annoyed. "But that's what it means to be my girlfriend..." He smirked again.  "No it's not. I promised to date you so you'd leave him alone. Nothing more." I stated as I started walking away. But unfortunately for me Anthony had this class too. I walked in class and sat down far away from Anthony.

-Skipped to end of day-
-In 6 Period Math-

   When there was less than 30 minutes left, the office called on the intercom. "Anthony Maxwell is checking out." Yes! Perfect timing office lady!! Anthony stood up and left. I need to tell Jack why all this is happening. I can't wait anymore. I don't care if I made a deal with Anthony. He doesn't have to know.

-After 6 Period-

   As soon as the bell rang I ran to PE. When I got there no one was in the gym. I looked everywhere and still nobody. I looked through the halls. There was barely anyone still here. Geez these people leave fast. Just when I was about to give up, I saw Jack walk out of the locker room. "Jack!" I shouted as I ran over to him. He saw me and looked....scared? Why would he look scared? I looked behind me just to be sure Anthony wasn't behind me, even though he checked out. Nope. Not there. "Look Nikki please, just leave me alone. I don't..." He started when I approached him. His voice barely above a whisper. I just looked at him for a second. "Jack I really need to talk to you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I can't live with myself knowing I'm lying to you." I said before he could finish. He looked around us nervously. He kept quiet. "What're you looking for?!" I asked getting irritated. "Anthony!! Who else?!" He shouted. I haven't heard him get this angry before. "H-he checked out." I sputtered out of confusion. He sighed. Then I started thinking. "Wait...why are you looking for Anthony?" I asked slowly. He gave me a 'are you stupid?' look. "He bullies me constantly...nothing new." He mumbled in sadness. I clenched my fists so hard my knuckles turned white. "So uh, when was the last time he bullied you?" I asked trying not to punch a wall. He thought for a second. "This morning." He answered. "HE WHAT?!!!" I shouted. He flinched at my sudden outburst. "Umm...yeah?" He phrases as a question. I wanted to pull my hair out. I should've known he would lie to me. "I only agreed to date him if he promised to leave you alone!!!" I shouted. "What?! Why would you do that!!" He replied obviously hurt. "I didn't want you hurt!! I wasn't dared to date you that's what I've been trying to say!!" I yelled. Tears brimmed my eyes. But I was too mad to let them fall down my face. "So you think I'm a wimp?! I've been dealing with Anthony for years!! And you think it's better to humiliate me?!" He retaliated. "No!! I just didn't know what to do....so I-I agreed to...date him..." My voice became quieter the more I spoke. "I can't believe you did this to me!!!" He exclaimed in anger. "Jack you have to believe me I'm so sor-" he cut me off. "I don't want your apologies!" He screamed. At this point I gave up and let the tears fall down my face. "Jack..." I barely whispered. "You hurt me-" I cut him off. "I know!!! I wish I never did that!! I don't deserve you and I know I've already lost you!" I shouted sadly. "I know!!! You're an awful person! And the worst part is I still love you!!" He shouted. "I- wait wh-" I stopped talking when he smashed his lips on mine. With his arms secure around my waist and mine around his neck and tangled in his hair, I kissed him back with more emotion than I've ever felt before. After a while he pulled away reluctantly. "I-I still love you." He whispered. He had tears falling down his face too. I smiled and hugged him, fearing that if I let go I'd lose him again. He wrapped his arms around me. "So....what does that make us?" I asked unsure and scared of his answer. He sighed. "I don't know..." He says. I pulled away and smirked. "Well whatever we are, we're getting revenge." I said. He smirked. "Good idea." He says pulling me in for another hug.