The Queen

I pulled my body up onto the warm sand and looked over at sunset. It looked so beautiful but very different. Almost like a piece of strawberry cake. Usually it was purple and blue not pink.

"So, do you know where your house is and if you even know that how are we going to get you there?" Shai asked looking over at the sunset.

"I know where my house is but I have no clue how to even get there!" I answered watching Shai. She gave no response. I looked over at Lagoona and Emily for support. They where staring at the pretty pink sunset with huge bulging eyes too.

"Um, Morgan. Do you know what is happening?" I asked looking nervously over at him.

"What's happening?" He asked glancing over at the girls. Then a surprised look came over his face. "Are they like in a trance or something?"

"I have no idea but we have to get them to my house somehow!" I shouted before looking at the sunset again. They would probably snap out of if by the time the sun actually set, right? "We could wait until the sun sets but that's not going to be down soon."

"I haven't been on land in so long," He sighed.

"Me neither," I smiled looking over at the sunset. It was still a long way away from setting, though. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach as I looked over at the sunset. Wait, the sunset! "Morgan we have to get everyone back into the water!"

"Why?" He asked frantically looking over at the girls.

"If we don't, soon we are going to loose our tails permanently!" I cried dragging myself over to Shai, Emily, and Lagoona. I pushed Lagoona as hard as I could and she rolled into the water immediately breaking the trance.

"What was that for!" She yelled before looking at the sunset. Oh," she frowned watching Morgan and I pushing everyone. Emily just wouldn't move. It was like she was glued to the sand!

"Morgan, did you get Shai?" I asked.

"Yes, just hurry or else you will loose your tail!" He yelled.

"So will you!" I yelled back trying to get Emily to go into the water. She had just fallen into the water when an awful feeling had occurred in my legs. "Morgan, just get in the water!" After my command he took one last look at me and dove under.

My tail felt like they where being sliced with searing hot knifes. The sun was setting. I had to get in the water! My arm was inches away but the cut in my back made it nearly impossible to move! Then water grabbed me off of the shore and took me under.

When I went under I found Lagoona controlling the water. Orabel had never came back up on the shore but was just filing her nails with hard coral as if nothing had happened at all!

"What are you doing?" I asked Lagoona, clutching my back.

"We had to let you keep your tail! If it had disappeared then we wouldn't be able to get to your mom!" Lagoona answered healing my back mumbling some words.

"But it's our only choice! If I don't get my legs back then I couldn't even get to my mom! Someone would constantly be carrying me," I yelled back, swimming away after Lagoona was done.

"Lily, you can't do it! You can never get your tail back if you do! It's permanent!" Lagoona screamed back hold me down from swimming up to shore.

"Wait do you remember what happened to that crown we had when I found that gem and it fit?" I asked completely changing the subject.

"The one that made my mother scream?" Lagoon asked also getting distracted.

"Yah, that one. Do you think if I had that on it would keep me from changing back to human permanently?" I asked.

"Probably not, but even if it did where would we find it?" Shai asked.

"Don't you know?" Orabel and Lagoona said in union. "All royal mermaids can summon things from even miles away!"

"Do you realize that you guys just said that at the same time?" Emily smiled.

"Oh , Oops?" Orabel grinned.

"Well, we should at least try!" I protested. Maybe then they would let me go to the surface. It might actually work! But I doubted it.

"No! I doubt it will work! Even if it did we wouldn't want to take the chance!" Lagoona frowned. I got so angry at that moment. Why didn't they just let me be independent! They treated me like I was a baby! I felt something tingle in my hands and then all of the sudden the crown came whizzing into my hands.

"Lily, I thought only royal mermaids could do that!" Morgan frowned trying to grab the crown out of my hands. It was already too late.

I was swimming as fast as I could to the surface, clutching the crown as hard as I could.

"No, LILY!" They all screamed. Ugh, they treat me like I'm a dog peeing on the carpet or something. The sun was about to set when I finally got up there. I was ready.

I dragged my body as far as I could from the ocean. I didn't want them to get in the way. After I had moved to a large rock I jammed the crystal encrusted crown on my head. My tail seriously hurt. I really hope this works. I wanted to be half and half so hopefully it would change me to a full human. The stinging was so intense.

"Aargh!" I cried as my aqua tail slowly changed to skin color. My tail was growing apart into two separate sections. The crown on top of my head was almost burning! I tried to take it off the burning was too intense. It wouldn't budge. I was crying from the pain. It felt like billions of needles poking into my head. I looked down at my tail through my blurry eyes. Thee was no more aqua blue! I had legs! I stood up and danced around in them. The crown on top of my head still wouldn't budge.

"Lily! Do you realize what you just did?" Lagoona growled dragging herself onto the land after the moon was gone.

"Well, I can choose for myself, okay?!" I yelled back, waiting for the rest of the mermaids to appear. Lagoona looked over at the moon. Then her jaw dropped. "Lagoona, what's wrong?" I asked looking at the moon. It was sort of a green but then it changed from blue to purple just like the gem had done! I knew something was up.

"S-s-see the moon?" She asked.

"Yah, tell me!" I yelled back.

"That means the new queen has been found. And-and- and your it!" She yelled.

My jaw dropped just like hers. I was the new queen of the City of Lagoona.

~*.~*.~*.~*.~*.~*.~*.~*.

If I don't get anymore reads on my other story The Manors Maid I am deleting it so please read! Sorry for the long wait. I keep forgetting to update:( so adios!