Chapter 9

Zuko's POV:

I was woken up by someone giggling. It had been three days since the storm and Madelyn still hadn't woken up, every now and again she would start coughing but she was still asleep. I only called her Maddy because she asked, but I preferred her full name.

I opened my eyes and saw that Maddy was sitting up in bed.

"Your finally awake," I smiled at her genuinely.

"Yep." she continued to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked. She suddenly stopped and gave me a confused look.

"I have no idea." her lips curled into a smile again and she fell back on the bed.

"So Aang, where's the rest of the gaang. Shouldn't they be here? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're gonna get there in time." She suddenly broke into a hysteric coughing fit.

"Are you alright?" I held her arm and back as she coughed.

"Yep. I am perfectly alright Senor Arrowhead." She gave a mock salute. Wait.. Aang.. Arrowhead.. she thought I was the Avatar! She took the blankets off the bed and held them like reigns. "Appa, yip yip," she commanded the bed. When it didn't move she repeated her command, but the inanimate object wouldn't move.

"C'mon Appa. I'm sorry you flew through a storm but we really have to go." She urged. She sneezed, which was really small and cute, then started coughing again. She fell back onto the bed and continued her.

Not knowing what to do, I ran to find Uncle.

"Uncle!" I called when I got to the helm. He sat playing another game of Pai Sho.

"What is it Prince Zuko?" He asked without looking up from his game.

"Madelyn needs help or something. Something is wrong."

"Is she alright?" The captain asked.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that she will be just fine." Uncle Iroh stood up. "No need to worry. Maybe just a bit sick." He pushed me out of the room and we began to walk quickly to mine.

"If she was just sick, she wouldn't be commanding my bed to fly," I muttered under my breath.

"She's doing what?!" Uncle sounded perturbed. We reached my room before I could explain, but when we opened the door she was gone. I swore under my breath so Uncle wouldn't hear before searching the boat. When I got to the deck I saw her at the tip with her arms held out like a T.

"You should get back inside," I said, putting my hands on her hips to lead her down the ship.

"But I can fly Jack!" Sh giggled. That was something I had never heard before. Wait... who was Jack?! Eventually, I got her down and walked her back to my room.

"Hey babe," she smiled up at me from the pillow. "You look like Prince Zuko." She giggled again.

"Really, I hadn't noticed." I rolled my eyes. "Uncle! She's in here."

"I always liked Zuko." She continued. "He was brave, and good, and honorable. He was really stupid, but a good stupid."

"Gee, thanks."

"And I liked his..." She started drawing circles around her left eye. "His eyes. and his hair when it was long." She then started giggling to herself before looking at me thoughtfully. She brought her hand up and caressed my face, her fingers tracing my scar. "Fire Lord Zuko." Fire Lord? What did she mean by that?

Uncle then came in and walked to the side of the bed.

"Prince Zuko, wouldn't it be best if she had some clothes on?" I had forgotten that I set them out for when she woke up. I quickly grabbed on of the shirts she had bought along with the tighter pair of pants and handed them to her.