Chapter 8

Maddy's POV:

After the whole Jet incident, Katara had been nicer to me, we had been better to each other and were almost friends; I couldn't say the same for Sokka though. It seemed like they always found something to fight over like any siblings would, but this was getting ridiculous. Today it was something about firewood and a tarp. One of them had pathetic firewood and the other made a pathetic tent. The great peacekeeper then decided to break up the argument and have them switch jobs. I sat there silent the whole time organizing all our stuff. Night fell and the water siblings were concurrent with one another, which meant I could get some sleep.

We woke up the next morning next to a glorified hole in the ground, just like the Grand Canyon back home. It was a hole... in the ground... with monsters inside... why would you want to even go in there?

I remembered this from the show and decided to skip out of the whole thing. When the two villages showed up I decided to skip off with the old and sick people. They were actually kind of funny. The old ones told stories of their youth. The sick people cursed at them for being old and the old ones shouted at them for their hygiene problems. We reached the other side in a few hours and I just kinda hung out around the edge of the canyon for a day. When my friends and the villagers came up on the monster bugs, Aang settled the feud, and the villagers went on their way we finally took off to wherever we were going.

~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip brought to you by Cheshire Cat. Because we're all mad here~~~~~~~~

We all woke with a start to Momo jumping on our heads.

"Huh? Uh... what's going on? Did we get captured again?" Sokka asked groggily.

"It's nothing, I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep." Aang seems a bit out of it. I notice the distance in his eyes and the fear behind them, he had just had a nightmare again. They had been happening almost every night lately.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Sokka falls back over into instant sleep. Aang lays down again as well, but he looks pained.

"Are you alright, Aang?" Katara asks, she must have noticed his expression too.

"I'm okay." He didn't sound okay.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately, you wanna tell me about it?"

"I think I just need some rest."

"You guys want to hear about my dream?" Sokka sits up excitedly, receiving an annoyed look from me and Katara. "That's ok, I didn't wanna talk about it anyway." Sokka and Katara lay back down to sleep.

"Hey Aang," I whispered.

"Yeah."

"I get the whole nightmare thing. I have them every night, always the same one over and over again and it's terrifying. Back to the point, just know you can talk to me about it." He nodded before turning to the other side and going to sleep.

The next morning was cloudless and beautiful, blue skies, calm ocean. I changed into one of my newer outfits and put on my wristbands without anyone seeing.

"Look at those clear skies, buddy! Should be some smooth flying." Aang said as he pat Appa's head.

Katara opened the food bag and found it empty. "Well, we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market, cause we're out of food."

"Guys, wait, this was in my dream, we shouldn't go to the market." Sokka began to freak out.

"What happened in your dream?" Katara asked, not sure on how she should deal with her brother's concern.

Sokka's eyes get wide with fear. "Food eats people!" He exclaimed. "Also, Momo could talk." He turned to Momo "You said some very unkind things." I found myself laughing on the inside at his antics. We then took off and flew over to a small marketplace on the water. Katara was investigating a suspiciously squishy melon.