Chapter 6

“Well…I got to go back to Connecticut,” said Naomi.

                “WHY?” Sia said, yelling, “Sorry…but why?”

                “I left my phone at Nandos. That’s how Niall got our home phone number. So, I’ll be on my way back tomorrow. Anyone wanna come?”

                Simone and Sarah answered no, however Adam and Sia responded yes.

                “I just want to go because I haven’t been out much. Like long drives,” Adam said.

                Sia didn’t reply why, and Naomi didn’t bother asking her. She knew that her friend just craved to see Niall.

                “If anybody needs me, I’ll be upstairs,” Sia informed.

                “Doing what?” asked Sarah.

                “Researching.”

                “Researching what?”

                “Stuff…”

                “Like…?”

                “One Direction.”

                Sarah groaned, “Ugh not them again. Bring your public speaking notes in and we’ll help you finish it.”

                “But it’s due for like another 2 weeks. Plus it’s break. It can wait,” Sia protested.

                “Sia. You really need to work on your public speaking skills. Come on, we can help you,” reasoned Simone.

                Sia sighed. “Okay…I’ll be right back with the notes. But you guys have work to do too.”

*The Next Day*

                “You good to go?” Adam asked.

                “Yeah, hold on,” Sia said, putting on her soft pink lip balm.

                “How ‘bout you, Nao?”

                “Mmm…Wait almost done. And don’t call me that!,” she answered, fluffed her hair in front of the mirror.

                Adam rolled his eyes and walked out to the garage.

                As Sia and Naomi got in the car, Adam put in the key, and drove off to Connecticut.

*At Nandos*

                It was early in the morning, and Nandos was closed, but there was figure inside the building, cleaning the tables.

                “Is that Niall?” Adam asked.

                “Yeah,” Naomi said, trying to get his attention, waving through the transparent window.

                After a few minutes, Niall finally looked up. Surprised, he dashed to the locked doors and opened them.

                “I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you,” He apologized.

                “It’s all right, we understand,” Sia enlightened.

                He smiled. Afterwards, he took Naomi to where her phone was securely placed. As he handed it to her, Naomi kept on thanking him, “Without you, I wouldn’t have known I had left my phone here! Thank you again!” In the end, she extended her arms for a hug. While he reached out for the embrace, Adam spread his arms out to Sia.