Chapter 5

“Oh shamalamait. I forgot the main reason we ate at Nandos instead of taking it on the trip back home! We got so paranoid about who flirted with us or not that we missed the whole point. Now…I’ll never know why the members kept rejecting their former identities!” Sia complained, one hand on the steering wheel, other waving around as she talked.

                “You mean we’ll never know. I mean, I was interested in what happened too!” Naomi protested.

                “Well, for me, it doesn’t really matter anymore, I mean I moved on, they moved on, so let’s all move on and think about the unit test we have tomorrow. College is more important than these 5 boys,” Simone specified.

                “Yeah, I don’t care for the boys either; I mean what did they ever do for us?” Sarah agreed.

                “They made us feel beautiful,” Sia said quietly.

                Naomi smiled and yelled, “1, 2, 3, 4!”

                “You’re insecure, don’t know what for!” Sia and Naomi sang at the top of their lungs.

                Sarah curled up into a ball in the back of the car and covered her ears, “Save me!” She thought.

*Reached Sia’s House*

                “Rhode Island has missed you ladies so very much!” howled Adam.

                “Hey Ad, how was your alone time?” Sarah responded.

                “Oh it was terrible! I was so-o-o lonely. Nobody to accompany me…” He bawled.

                “How many girls did you bring over?” Sia questioned, rolling her eyes.

                “Not many…j-just like 5 or 6…yeah…” He understated.

Adam Mclaren was one of the boys who really didn’t have a successful future. Before he met Sia and her friends, he was the guy on the streets serenading women with his flirtatious music. He is a pretty talented guitar player and singer but due to his police records and competitive attitude, he couldn’t get anywhere but the busy streets of New York. One day he decided to go to Rhode Island, so he took the Amtrak train from New York to the Garden State. Unfortunately, he wasn’t using his head and spent the money he earned on the trip. After he arrived he realized he was broke wasn’t able to buy food or a shelter just for the day.

                He decided to sleep on a park bench. Sia and Sarah went to take a walk and found him lying there. Feeling sorry for Adam, they decided to wake him up and take him home.

                “What if he is a serial killer? We can’t just pick boys up from anywhere and take them home!” Sarah disputed.

                “I know but…He doesn’t look like a serial killer…he looks helpless and hungry. Come on please! If he does make a dangerous move on us then you have your sharp treacherous nails. And um…I have my inappropriate language?”

                Sarah frowned. She looked down again at the boy. He wasn’t bad looking at all. His wrinkled shirt outlined his skinny chest. His tousled brown hair was covering one of his eyes.

                “Okay fine…” She finally resolved after a few minutes.

                They shook him softly, and he instantly responded to the action.

                He had striking green eyes.

                “…W-w-who are y-you?” He stammered, grabbing his guitar for defense.

                Sarah laughed, “We aren’t going to hurt you! Look at us, bony, scrawny, people.”

He tilted his head, perplexed, “Then…why are you um…talking to me…?”

                “We thought you’d need shelter and…food. You look starving.”

                He considered the idea. So, he got up and said, “Okay, so where am I going to be staying? Hopefully with this lady,” He moved closer to Sarah.

                She glared at him, “Uh…Sia I don’t think he…umm…”

                “I’m just kidding! C’mon. It’s a joke. So where are we eating?” He inquired.

Sia smiled, “Where do you wanna eat, Sarah?”

                “McDonald’s. No! Burger King!”

                After getting to know Adam, Sia and Sarah realized he was an honest person, but loved seducing females. After he agreed not to make any move on their friends, they let him stay in their basement.

                He was so grateful, that he did their grocery shopping, got their mail, cleaned the dishes every night, helped cook, and even earned a few dollars by entertaining the outside crowd.

                “Is the house clean though? You didn’t touch my stuff, did you?” Naomi demanded.

                “Don’t worry, I didn’t touch anything. I’m just glad to have you guys back!” Adam beamed.

Sia went straight to her bedroom; Sarah went to the living room and turned on the TV. Simone had to go to the bathroom really bad and Naomi went to the kitchen.

                “Did you do this month’s grocery shopping?” Naomi asked, checking all the cabinets.

                Adam nodded, “Yeah I also bought some cake mix.  Miss Sia’s and your cooking.”

                Naomi smiled.

RING, RING, RING! The phone rang.

                “I’ll get it,” Simone answered, coming out of the restroom, “Hello?”

                Sia came down the stairs and sat down next to Sarah.

                “Naomi, Niall called and he wants you.”

                “WHAT??” Sia exclaimed, standing up.

                “Calm down,” Naomi said, “Hello?....Yeah…Oh really!?...Ughh that’s just great!...Ok…mmhmm…Ok bye then.” And she hung up.

                “What’d he say?” Sia asked, promptly.

                “Well…”