Ch 75: The History of the Calla Lily

Hell again my readers! I don't really know what to say....hey have any of you read my newest book Chocolate! its super cute. If you like Calla from TVP or Indigo from TBBATF you will just love Lola!

Anyways here is the next, heartfelt chapter of TVP.

~~

Calla POV:

I have to do this, I have to. Kaden's doing everything for me even in the face of his horrible father and he doesn't even know me. 

I mean he knows me but he doesn't know me. 

All he knows is that I'm Calla from the pet shop, I like food, and he loves me. 

Okay maybe he knows more than that, but the point is I know his past, he's told me stories of his life long ago and I haven't told him a thing.

I am such a coward. 

I sank onto the bed, burying my face in my hands.

I'm terrified of this. Kaden sees me as his perfect little flower, something beautiful. Would he look at me differently once he realize his so called beautiful thing was born from something ugly?

"Calla your mind is in a flurry, are you okay love?"

I looked up to see Kaden loosening his tie and trifling through the bottles of scotch and whiskey, his beautiful black hair tousled from running his hand through it one too many times.

He was stressed, so stressed.

Maybe I should just be sweet and caring and give him a shoulder rub. He doesn't need to know more about me does he?

"Calla?"

I bit my lip, "Kaden...you love me right?"

He laughed a bit, "of course, I love you more than anything."

I took a deep breath, "...remember how you asked me a while back what I was doing in that road in the middle of the night that lead to my capture?"

Kaden froze drink halfway to his lips, "yes."

"Will you let me tell you a story?"

He made his way to the bed, sitting beside me, "I'm happy to listen to anything you have to say."

I nodded, "Where do I even start?"

"From the beginning if you're willing, I want to know everything about you so the beginning seems to be an appropriate way to start."

"Okay...well as you know my mother faked her death 10 years before I was born because she believed the vampiric race and their empire to be morally wrong. I never knew my father, mom never talked about him much, I don't really think she knew him well either if you know what I mean." I peered through my lashes to see if his expression has changed but he was still looking at me with the same open warmth and love. "I was born in a river, well more of a stream actually."

He blinked, "what?"

I shrugged, "mom was a hippie, always told me giving birth to me in that stream gave her power to move on and the cold shock of the water started me crying right off the bat."

Kaden smiled.

I took it as a good sign and kept on going, "Mom raised me by daylight in the most beautiful hidden meadow until I was about 12 then she said it was too dangerous because I was budding into a woman, sleeping at night put us at high risk, we needed to find others. So we did. They were nice enough, rugged to the point where even the women looked like men. As I grew older they developed a dislike for me because I was so much smaller than they were. My mother you see while beautiful was scarred all over, her face, her arms, everywhere. She always said pain and loss was the price of freedom..."