Ch 47: Secrets

A/N: As an author I feel the need to be how should I put this...oh yes Be as mean to you as possible so yes I do believe it is time someone dies or something fun like that. Or cheating, or lies, or assault, or death, or kidnapping, or extreme threats, or a breakup, or death. so many choice so many chapters to put what I chose in...could be this one could be the next. But you know conflict is what every good story is full of.

And I feel like pissing you guys off for shits and giggles.

Nice aren't I?

~~

Calla POV:

The prince stared at me, "you just called my brother by his first name."

I blinked. Shit. "did not."

Glaring at Me Aldric took a step forward, "yes lily child you did. I want you to tell me exactly what has gone on here since you have arrived."

And get Kaden and I killed? I think not, "Why don't you tell me why you're like him."

He frowned, "I am not."

"are too."

He shot me a glare, "You are a fool if you think I am like my brother."

I took a deep breath and a huge risk,"You find my disobedience interesting like him and from the looks of it you don't have a pet, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you feel the same way about pets are your brother. You look perfect but when your relaxed like when your playing chess you slouch a bit and you drink like a friggin water buffalo you drunkard you."

He looked at me with ill disguised surprised, "you are indeed a smart girl Calla. But I am not like my half brother, I do not go flaunting my opinions like an idiot."

I grit my teeth the need to defend my lover strong, "Yeah you just hide them behind your jewels and title like a coward."

"Society is the way it is for a reason."

I rolled my eyes, "yeah because your dads a dick."

it took about 2.5 seconds and a hissing snarl from an angry vampire for me to realize how stupid it was of me to say that. I threw the chessboard at him and doubled over whatever I could on my way out of the room, slamming the door just in time for Aldric to hit it on the other side.

I bolted toward Kadens office, kicking off my stilettos.

They would only slow me down.

Although I kept one as a weapon just in case plan A didn't work out.

Speaking of plan A I should probably start that, "LORD DAWSON OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO DIEEEEEE! I AM GOING TO BE EATEN ALIVE AND MY BOMES TURNED INTO JEWELRY. I AM GOING TO FLIPPING DIE!!!"

Plan A worked...somewhat.

Both brothers tackled me into the same room at the same freaking time.

And it hurt like hell.

I barely registered the two screaming at one another was I struggled to breath.

"THE LITTLE BINT INSULTED OUR FATHER!"

"DO NOT CALL HER A BINT, AND OUR FATHER DESERVES EVER INSULT THROWN HIS DIRECTION!"

I picked that moment to put in my two cent's. raising one arm in the air, "I'm sure your fathers the real bint anyways...whatever that is."

Both men snarled at me, Kaden looking an odd mix of furious and worried, "BLOODY HELL CALLA SHUT YOUR DAMN TRAP!"

ooh he's talking british and his accent is all thick too...just like when we-

"CALLA!"

I cut the thoughts immediately as the two began arguing. although no longer screaming at one another. Aldric still looking furiously murderous, "your little bitch is a nutter!"

Kaden didn't even blink, "I know! but she's my nutter you prat! you have no right to lay your hands on her!"

You tell him babe! mmm he should talk like that all the time...not just-

His glare cut me short again.

"She's a nuisance and a damned tart! you don't even care about pretty things get rid of her she will ruin the family name!"

"I am not getting rid of her she is not some tart!"

...I like tarts I wonders if the chef would make me some berry tarts..

"She is useless to you anyways! no damed woman is going to let you keep her because she is a tart!" he gestured to me, "stop being an arse and sell her off you can't get a wife with her around, no woman in their right mind would want the family pet to look like that and you can't have it off with her!"

...pretty sure I know what the last one means and uh thats already been done.

whoops.

Kaden let out a low growling hiss, "bugger off Aldric."

Aldric did no such thing, "you know I am right Kaden."

"you are wrong. Calla is not going anywhere and that is final."

The prince watched as Kaden picked me up and checked for injury,"Father will not be pleased about this."

I looked over Kadens shoulder, eyes catching Aldrics, "you're right prince Aldric you are nothing like him."

Kaden froze for a moment, "let it go pet. Whatever the problem is he won't listen. The bastard never does."

Aldric let out an insulted noise, "I'm not the bastard big brother."

Kaden didn't miss a beat, "Maybe not in the literal sense little brother, but you'll always be fathers bitch."

Dead silence.

Then I laughed, and laughed. "Oh Kaden this is why I like you! oh my god that was perfect!"

Both brothers froze, Kaden swearing, "Calla!"

"oh I already made that mistake after I learned that he shares a lot of your views and just is too chicken shit to express them, I guess little brothers really are influence by their older brothers."

Another moment of silence the two brothers stared at one another for a long moment.

Aldric looked away first.

Kaden shook his head, "hiding does the body no good Aldric, secrets are more painful than any physical wound."

My eyes locked with his dual colored ones as he gently brushed his fingers over my cheek, adoration in his eyes mixed with a certain sadness.

I gave him my best smile.

The sadness seemed to clear, "but...I understand that some are needed, only you can decide which are needed," His fingers brushed through my hair, "And which are not."

Aldric gave a soft snort, "secrets do not hurt as much as fathers wrath."

Kaden did not disagree.

I felt like hugging Kaden, his scar coming to mind.

~~

A/N well I guess this was not the proper chapter to piss you guys off...maybe the next one heh.