Ch 57: Open Your Eyes

A/N: OH MY GOD BECKY LOOK AT HER BUTT!

heh hi guys! Sooo Author-chans in a good mood today! new lolita outfit to wear in Harajuku when I go to japan has been ordered! fingers crossed that it gets here on time! And vegas was awesome! I got a sailor uniform (yes even in vegas I gotta get my otaku on) and some kawaii swimsuits and some new hello kitty merch...oh and I ate a TON of food, made fun of drunk people.  I snatched the last school girl swimsuit at this place I went adding onto my 'uniform and cosply swimsuit' collection! (yes I divide out my swimsuits by particular theme like animals or uniform and call them collections) now I have, sailor uniform, little mermaid, pinup, school girl, sailor moon, alice, and harlequin. You guys do not even want to know how crazy my wardrobe is.

~~

Calla POV:

"Good morning Gwen! morning Sir Prince-a-Lot!"

The two vampires looked up at me, pausing with their glasses of what I was sure was blood to their lips.

Gwen grinned, "You two made up? Wheres Kaden?"

I nodded, "he's in the shower"

She wiggled her brows opening her mouth to say something but snapping it shut when a maid walked in. Aldrics eyes followed me as I took a seat next to Gwen. "...My brother is well then?"

I was a bit surprised by the question, glancing at thee maid before nodding, "Lord Dawson had been stressed but he is fine now."

Aldrics lips quirked up, "Lord Dawson...hmm."

I really hope pure evil flashed in my eyes, "My manicure is lovely, don't you think lady Gwen?"

an oblivious Gwen took my hand in hers as Aldrics face turned stoney, "ohh Calla so pretty! who did Kaden get to do that? and how many times do I have to tell you in front of others you can still call me Gwen!"

I noticed the maid smile a bit as she set out some food for me.

It seemed like everyone loves Gwen.

I wondered for a moment if it was the same for her twin Gabriel. My lips pursed slightly as realization, "Gwen..where is your brother?"

She shrugged, "went home before Prince Aldric showed up. Someone does need to hold down the fort on occasion otherwise our house will be a mess...We don't exactly hire maids we like our privacy and we have this habit of giving them ridiculously large amounts of time of with pay when we get bored."

I didn't even flinch at the idea of how much money that must cost, the diamonds around my neck and the French lace covering my body was a testament to just how often I was exposed to the frivolous spending of wealthy vampires.

Although if you asked Kaden he would probably insist it wasn't frivolous but a display of his affections. I had asked him once why he bought me all these things I had more than I needed and he had looked at me like I had lost my mind. Claimed that he had no better Idea as to what to do with his wealth than shower me with everything I deserved...which to him was apparently everything.

When I had pointed out charity he pointed out the many charities he donates generously to each year and even a few he owns.

One thing that I knew would never change was Kadens resolve to get his way and his stubbornness once he's made a choice.

What did shock me about what Gwen said though was that she lived with her brother, "you live with Gabriel?"

She nodded, "after our parents died we never moved out of the family manor. It was our home and neither of us have a significant other so we just stayed."

That was actually really sweet, "I didn't know your parents had..passed on."

Gwen smiled, "it was a very very long time ago. They had settled with most people I the new world...I was just a toddler then I don't even remember the journey. they died when we had just fully grown and stopped aging."

So Gwen was old as dirt too...I wondered how long she had known Kaden, "Gwen...How long have you-"

"Known your master?"

I nodded.

"Sadly I am much much younger than Kaden and have only known him for a little over 100 years not long..but I met him when he first arrived over seas before Vampires took over. He was sent here to take lordship over areas and my brother and I just so happened to have volunteered to greet him at the docs."

I tried to picture them looking as they do now but in a whole different era in different clothes holding onto old standards. I could not picture Gwen at all with her quirky personality and wild sort curls, but an image of Kaden popped immediately to mind.

His hair would have been shorter I was almost sure, without his daring red stripe. I pictured him in a fancy suit much more old fashion that the ones he wore today which held a classic charm. His cold elegance I thought would be hidden beneath the brim of a fine velvet hat. Part of me wished I could see that Kaden, another wondered if he missed the classic elegance he was sure to have seen in life. "What was he like then?"

She smiled wistfully, old memories clearly dancing in her eyes, "Cold...Kaden was cold at first but not unkind. I didn't understand until later why he was the way he was...but I had known just how charming he could be seen him pursade many vampiers into trusting him in less than one round of drinks. He was interesting both Gabriel and I agreed it was time we made a friend besides one another...It took a while but Kaden warmed up to us and well...here we are."

I smiled a bit, "And Jerric?"

She shrugged, "Jerric and Kaden met on the boat here."

I nodded, "i'm glad you met Kaden."

She was quite for a long moment, watching the maid flutter about and exit the room, "And I'm glad Kaden met you Calla."

I blinked unsure what she meant, "Why? All I do is complicate things."

Aldric gave a faint snort and Gwen a small laugh, "oh Calla...open your eyes sweetie."