☀11☀

The next day, we whisk away in the late afternoon with Clementine, some leftovers and directions to the closest waterfall. Carly seems sad to see us gone and I hope that she's not lonely or something. If she is then I'll probably tell my parents to organise a family trip over to see her because why not.

"We're going on a trip in our favourite rocket ship..." I mutter sub consciously.

"Zooming through the sky..." Hannah adds and then sticks her tongue out at me before we say the next line together.

"Little Einstein's!"

"Climb aboard!"

"Get ready, let's explore!" She starts beatboxing, albeit badly, as we turn the corner, expecting me to sing the next line. 

"There's so much to find, little Einstein's!"

Then we start laughing. When we stop, Hannah sighs for a very long time and Clementine jumps on her lap, not wanting the attention to be taken from her. She gets a few strokes before slinking off to sit on her now designated table top. When I look at her in the rear view mirror, she's holding her stance with great poise.

"You know why I was crying in the library that time?" Hannah says randomly. I begin to stare at her before remembering that I'm driving and almost hit one of those separator things on the highway.

"Yeah, sure?"

"Okay," She gets into story telling mode right away, her face focused and her eyes dancing as if they're trying to remember every small detail. "So I was playing this video game right,"

"Right. Oh wait, which game?"

"Tell-tale game's: The Walking Dead –"

"Season Two?" I gasp and suddenly I understand it all. I understand all the tears.

"I had just finished season one, actually."

My heart goes out for her. "Ah, when Lee –"

Her eyes are already wet. "Don't remind me."

Hannah sighs and relaxes in her chair, wiping her eyes. I keep silent for a bit, waiting for her to get herself together before I bombard her with more questions about the video games she also plays.

"You know, it just really hurt. After I've been through all that crap with Lee, what with Kenny, and freaking Duck, the cannibalism and Larry too! That potato with the biggest nose! Yeah, after all of that, he goes and – I can't even say it."

Something clicks in my brain and I kick myself for not getting it earlier. "That's why you named Clementine that, right?!"

"Yeah, actually!" Her tears start drying up. "She reminds me of Clem, actually, small, cute, fluffy."

I laugh at her description. Just as I'm about to say something, my cell phone rings and... It's Chloe. I almost don't want to pick it up because I'm having fun with Hannah here but of course I do. When next will the love of my life call me so willingly at eleven in the morning?

"I'm picking this up," Hannah tells me and before I can go against it, she does. "Hellooo! This is Hannah Hunt picking up Nate 'Halfway' Harris' iPhone!"

I hear the small tinny voice of Chloe from the other side of the phone and Hannah laughs at her response.

"Nah sis, we aren't dating! Nate wishes I was his girlfriend – actually, he wishes that – huhu never mind."