Chapter 16 - Its not the End Just Yet

The next day, I woke up and got dressed to go to the hospital. I'm still laughing that Mr. Yoshira and his son got arrested yesterday in front of people. I found that the best thing ever. Justice finally got served to that man. And Italia is wanting to press charges on him. Even better.

     I arrived at the hospital and walked to my mom's room. I see her with her bed up and food in front of her. I walk in slowly.

     "Hi ma." I said.

     "Oh, mijo. Hello. How are you?" She replied.

     "Well the tournament is over."

     "Oh, mijo. I'm so sorry that you didn't win."

     "I wanted to win the money for you."

     "You know not everyone lives long. Eventually everyone will have the day they will go up."

     "I know. You are all that I have, mom."

     "I know, mijo. You have done nothing but help and I am ever so grateful."

     "Now what?"

     "Well, I feel fine right now. Just have to let time go by."

     "I understand, ma."

     The room got quiet for a bit.

     Then Dr. Brayshaw came in.

     "Alright. So in a couple of hours we have your surgery all set for you." He said while looking at his clipboard.

     "What are you talking about, doctor?" I said.

     "Your mother's surgery. It's been paid for."

     "Who paid for it, doctor?" Said my mom.

     "It was an anonymous payer."

     "It was me." Johnny came in slowly.

     "Johnny!" Both my mother and I said.

     "Dude, you chose the prize money?" I asked.

     "Yes. Like I said before, man. You guys are like family. And it was pretty funny seeing Mr. Yoshira getting arrested."

     "Mr. Yoshira got arrested?" My mom said.

     "Yes. Italia got him arrested. It was great and she is pressing charges for everything he has done." I said and gave Johnny a high five.

     "Under what evidence?" My mom said.

     "I was there." Said Italia.

     "Italia!" Said us three.

     Italia came walking in.

     "So here is what happened. I drove to your house one day to visit you, before all the mayhem of the tournament happened, and I happened to see a man come out of a house that was in front of you. I believe I still remembered where you live, Lupita. Right after I finished seeing everything I called the police."

     "Mr. Yoshira said he called." I said.

     "No he didn't. I called them right when I saw him kick the door opened from your house. I didn't say anything because I saw that you joined the tournament and so did he under Bulldog Psycho. So I wanted you to whale it out on him."

     "Didn't you say he didn't sign up for the tournament?"

     "That's correct. A worker that was working for me was one of his henchmen. I somehow managed to sign Mr. Yoshira up without my permission. And believe me, I fired that asshole. Got him arrested as well. It made matters worse when Yoshira brought his son in this as well. His son never signed up. It was like he just went out on the street and grabbed him."

     "So when Johnny ran in the ring without tagging me first, why didn't you didn't say anything? Or stopped him?" I said.

     "Well you see, I managed to have broken some rules for an old friend's son. It sucks that you didn't win, Leroy."

     "It's okay. I just found it weird that you didn't stop him."

"Well at the same time someone came up to me and told me about Yoshira and how someone signed him up without my permission. If I were to have found out earlier, none of this would have happened. I called the police right after one of my workers had told me about it. The next day I found out that one of my workers was working with Mr. Yoshira. That asshole is long gone now."

"Wow I would have never thought Mr. Yoshria would do such a thing." I said.

"I guess all his time for chasing after me, wanting to be with me and such." My mom said.

"Yeah, well that is all over now, Lupita." Italia had said.

"I'm glad that all this is over, but Johnny, thank you, man." I said.

"It was the least I could do. I want your mom to be around. I think you are a cool lady, Ms. Hernandez."

     "Thank you, mijo. That means a lot to me."

     "Sorry to interrupt the family gathering, but Leroy, we have to get your mother ready for her surgery." Said Dr. Bradshaw.

     "Okay. Mom we'll let you go." I said and gave a kiss.

     Italia, Johnny, and I walked out of the room and into the waiting room. We all sat down and started talking some more.

     "I don't know what I would have done without you, man." I said to Johnny.

     "Hey I would think you would do the same for me, if I were in a predicament as you were. I never wanted my best friend to go through something that rough." Johnny said.

     "You are a cool friend, man. Thank you for everything you have done. And I also want to apologize for the way I acted toward you."

     "It's cool, man." Johnny said as he laughed.

     I couldn't help but give Johnny a hug for doing something that I would never believe anyone would do.

     "I hope your mother is going to be okay, Leroy." Italia said nervously.

     "I know she'll be okay. I know my mom and she is a strong lady."

      We waited until the doctor came out and told us the news about my mom. I know she'll be okay. She made it this far just like how I managed.

     A year went by and guess what, the surgery went well. It took 6 weeks for her to recover, however things went so well they couldn't see any cancer cells in her kidneys. She went into remission after the surgery. She started walking around week 4 and kept going to the doctor every 3 months for check up. I'm so happy things went well...so I thought.

     Let me tell you what happened next. It was a normal day, Johnny and I were working out and practicing some fighting moves for an upcoming match that was going to happen. My mom comes and visits at the gym where we were at.

     "Leroy! Mijo!" She shouted with a huge smile.

     "Mom, what are you doing here? How did you get here?" I questioned.

     "Guess who is here, Mijo."

     "Who could possibly come and visit us?"

     "It's good to see my little brother is doing well." A man walked behind my mom and placed his hand on her shoulder.

     "I think this is a good time to get our family back together." He said.

     I was surprised. My big brother returned from overseas. Well that's all that I have to say. My brother and I never seen eye to eye. That's another story to tell.

FIN