Chapter 7 - The First Fight

The next day. I had put on some good cardio and strength for myself the last few days. I never stopped training until it was my first fight, which was today. I cannot wait to see whom I would be facing with. Of course this is just a test fight to see where I stand and all. Well I am ready for this. This is just a step closer to getting where I need to be. I packed El Guerrero's uniform in my duffle bag, got dressed, grabbed my keys, and left the house. I went to the gym where I go work out. Obviously my test match was there.

    I arrived to the gym and dashed quickly to the locker room. I locked the locker room and immediately got dressed into El Guerrero. I did my normal prayers before every fight. After a few minutes of getting ready, my heart was thumping really fast. At the same time I was waiting for someone to signal me to go out to the ring. I was walking back and forth in a nervous pace.

    Then I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and opened the door, to see that there was a worker standing right in front of the door.

    "Mr. Guerrero. We are ready for you."

    I nodded to the worker. He immediately took a step back. I walked out of the locker room, taking a deep breath. As we entered the arena, I looked around. The place was so empty there was not that many people here. There were about 40 people, including the judges. I saw Italia sitting in the smack middle of the bleachers, with a clipboard and her two male workers next to her.

    As I got closer to the ring, I climb up and I see that there was a young kid standing on the other side of the ring. He seemed really scared. He was shaking in fright. It kind of got me a weird feeling about this match. I don't know whether this was going to be an easy fight or this was going to be a challenge. I'll just have to keep an eye out and try for the best.

    A ring announcer comes forth to the middle of the ring. He announces both of us individually. First the kid, his name was Michael Jefferson. Obviously he didn't have a wrestling name. His mask, however, was something like a child would make. It seemed like it was all made out of blue construction paper. His eyes were cut out and a big part of his mouth was cut out. I don't know whether the string that is making his mask stays on was yarn, a rubber band, or something. This kid was just too weird for me. However I knew this was going to be easy, I hope.

    "Okay, I am not going easy on you." I said as I walk closer to the middle.

    The little kid didn't even say anything and comes to the middle of the ring.

    Then I got into a stance and looked at the kid. He was still shaking in fright. I didn't know what the hell to think at this point. The ring announcer shouted out fight. Then the weirdest thing happened. The boy gave me a blank stare. He didn't shake in fright or anything. It's like he got it in his mind that he is going to fight. The kid started to turn red. He started grunting like a dog, and then came rushing after me. Obviously I dodged him. After the fourth or fifth time charging after me, I grabbed the kid by his hair and dropped him to the ground. I almost went in and did a drop kick on him. But then I heard a scream from the kid. I looked down from my foot and saw that he was quivering in fright. I placed my foot down softly towards me and then looked at the kid with a puzzled look.

I looked around the arena and everything was silent. All you could hear was the kids cry in fright. I quickly turned to my right as I see Italia walking down from the bleachers clapping her hands. Right behind her were her workers.

"Great fight, darling." Said Italia

     "Wait this wasn't even a Damn fight. What are you talking about?" I replied.

     "Well just the way you dodged all those...um....whatever attacks those were"

     "Really? They were just dodges. I don't think anything interesting was about that."

     "I beg to differ."

     "I would like another rematch, however this time with a different opponent."

     "I'm sorry, love. You have to remember this is a test fight. At the same time this has been your first fight as well."

      I knew that wasn't the case. This was my test fight and then I would have my first fight later. However, this was my first fight as well? Italia walked up and gave me a handshake. She eased on in as if she was going to hug me, but rather whispered in my ear something.

     "Look, I can't bet on wrestlers. However I would want you to win for your mother. I, however, have to play by the rules, and I sort have bended the rules for this match....just this one time." She pulled away from me. "...To be honest this was a mistake. However I made a promise to some stupid family about their son or whatever, needing to join something as a physical activity."

     "I guess. Thanks, Italia."

     "My pleasure, love"

     I got off the stage, still thinking quite weirdly about how this match went. I just walked to my locker room and locked the door. I immediately got back to my street clothing and got out of the locker room. As I walked out of the building I see a car parked in front of the building. The car door opened up and I see Mr. Yoshira walk out of the car. He came up to me.

     "Hey I came to pick you up." Mr. Yoshira had said.

     "You didn't have to do that, Mr. Yoshira."

     "No, however I was a bit worried about you. You know after what happened to you mother and all. I just wanted to see how you were doing."

     "Oh. Well thank you sir. I brought my mom's car. I can go and meet you at your house."

    "That would be fine."

      Maybe Mr. Yoshira would know something about these letters that I keep getting. Since Mr. Yoshira is Japanese, he could help me get some answers out.