Chapter 12 - SemiFinals

Today is a big day for me for it's the semi finals. The runner ups were Fast Daddy, Bulldog Psycho, El Ormiga who supposedly made it to the semi finals, and me. I really want to face Fast Daddy and Bulldog Psycho myself. However I just know that I will have to face one of them and not both in the semi finals. It was morning and I was at home. Italia made an announcement on the television which surprised me.

     "Hello, my fellow wrestlers. I am here today to discuss with you what plans I have for the Masquerade Semi Finals. For the last four wrestlers will no longer wrestle in the arena, for they will now be in UFC mode. If you are not aware of UFC mode, wrestlers are now called fighters, for they will now use their hands and feet in combat. Physical attacks are now used against your opponent. There will be bloodshed. So I'd advise all of four of you Semifinalist to caution yourself. It will get crazy. Thank you"

     It was a news broadcast that had shown her message to everyone. Now it's going to a UFC fight match? It's like a physical fist fighting match. Wow. I wonder what has made her become this violent in her tournament. Right now I cannot think about the troubles about this new rule that Italia has created. I have to get ready and head my way down to the big arena where the finals were being held at downtown. From the letter that I got, this was going to be a televised event. This is going to be great.

     I arrived at the place that was downtown, and before I got out of the car, my cell phone rings.

     "Hello?"

     "Mijo. It's me. Your mother."

     "Ma? Where you calling from?"

     "I'm calling from heaven. Did you hear I died?"

     "Ma, that's not funny. I hear you are doing alright."

     "I'm feeling a bit better." She said with a little chuckle.

     "Well that's good. What's up?"

     "Mijo, I just want to say please be careful! I've seen the announcement that Italia was on. I wish you the best and please be careful."

     "Thank you, ma. I promise you. I am going to come back with money in hand for you. As well as bruises all over my face and body and have missing teeth." I laughed.

     "Mijo, that's not funny."

     "Hey you started it."

     "I know." She chuckles.

     "By the way, the match is going to be televised on channel 30. Hopefully you can see me fight."

     "As much as I hate fighting, I will see the match, just for you."

     "Thanks, ma. Hey I have to go and get ready."

     "When are you up?"

     "I am not sure. I believe it's a random selection match. They pick who is going to fight the first match."

     "Alright, mijo. Good luck. And be careful."

     "I will, ma. I love you."

     "I love you too, mijo."

     I hung up the phone and went into the stadium. Wow a stadium? I never fought in a stadium. Time to go in and check this out and all I have to do is put it in my mind that I am only here for my mom's health. Time to get this out of the way.

     As I entered the stadium was covered with people. It was about an hour and a half until it was time to face my opponent. I saw a sign that said where fighters go to sign themselves in. As I arrived to the desk, there were Italia's workers sitting at the desk. No one was around.