Girl Meets Fire

"Lucas," Maya began, "I-" she looked around the train, seeing everyone staring. She was overwhelmed, "I'll get back to you."

The doors opened just then and Maya ran out. She was followed by Riley. Lucas stood there, thinking that he did something wrong. Farkle put his hand on Lucas' shoulder.

"It's okay buddy, she didn't say no."

Lucas just sighed and walked out with Farkle. He was hoping Maya decides to go with him, but he didn't know.

After a couple of hours, the four friends were in Mr. Matthew together. They sat in their usual seats and waited for the teacher to arrive.

"Is Matthews coming?" Maya asked the group.

"I don't know..." Riley answered.

Everyone looked around, not knowing what to do. They didn't realize the fan blowing on their project from a couple weeks ago. They didn't realize the sparkler being blow over and starting a fire.

"Oh my gosh." Riley said when she saw it.

Everyone began to panic. The fire grew and grew. They tried to leave but the doors lock behind them when they entered, that's why Mr. Matthews keeps it open, he is the only one with a key.

Thankfully, Cory came in and noticed the disaster in front of him. He didn't know why the sprinklers didn't set off, or the fire alarm. But that didn't matter, getting the kids out did. One by one each kid left the room. Except for 2.

Maya noticed that her drawing pad was close to getting burned. Sweating from the heat, she ran to it.

"Maya!" Lucas called out. He ran back into the room, disobeying the teachers commands.

"Maya!" He called again.

He saw the blond girl on the ground, she needed help. He raced over to her and picked her up. Maya had her eyes closed. She must have gone to close to the flames.

He ran as fast as he could out of the room, making sure that he had the book Maya was clutching in her hand. He placed her on the bench in he hall and looked at her.

Some tears streamed down his face. Lucas shook Maya saying, "Please, please wake up."

He closed his eyes and wiped off his tears. He thought she was gone. But she wasn't. Maya opened her eyes slowly and looked at Lucas. He cared.

"Huckleberry, look." She said.

He opened him eyes to see Maya in front of him.

"Maya!" He hugged her.

"I have to tell you something." She said.

"What?"

"My answer, is yes."

--
Hey guys!

YAY! SHE SAID YES!!!

The book is almost finished :(

But...I might make a squeal!

Should I?

Till next time

~ Bella <3