Chapter 27 - Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You

Sue woke up bright and early the next day. Despite her late night, she felt energized and happy. She did her morning rituals then came down to have some breakfast with her sister.

"Good morning Ate!" Sue happily greeted her sister and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Wow! Mukhang masarap ang almusal ah. Somai my favorite!" Sue even clapped her hands in delight.

"Mukhang maganda ang gising mo ah," Lala commented.

"Syempre naman," Sue replied, "nag-enjoy ako sa concert ng sobra sobra! Ang galing talaga ni Brian McKnight!"

"Si Brian nga ba ang dahilan ng kaligayahan mo ngayon o ung kasama mong nanood?" Lala teased, wiggling her eyebrows at her sister who blushed at her comment.

"Un na din un," Sue replied while turning her back to her sister to sit at her usual spot on the table.

"Mas maganda kung magkukwento ka no," Lala prodded her sister.

"Ay naku ate," Sue said avoiding the topic, "kumain ka na nga. Gutom lang yan."

"Umiiwas," Lala continued to tease her sister. She sat down at her spot and started to get some food, "hmmmm....bakit kaya? Ano kaya nangyari...."

"Eeeeeeh!" Sue replied while taking her turn in getting some food, "wag ka nga ate,"

"Good Morning po," they both heard someone say from the front door. Lala stood up and checked who it was.

"Oh, Alex," Lala greeted him as she opened the door, "ang aga naman yata ng dalaw mo."

"Uhm... naisipan ko kasi kayong dalahan ng breakfast," Alex bashfully said while showing her the plastic bags containing the food.

"Wow! Mukhang ang dami nyan ah," Lala said.

"Di naman," Alex humbly answered.

"Tara, pasok ka muna," Lala invited him while opening the door wider .

"Salamat ate," Alex said and kissed her cheek.

"Tara, saluhan mo na din kami."

They entered the house and Lala led Alex to the dining area where Sue was sitting. Sue looked up to see who their guest was and was surprised to see Alex standing in front of her with plastic bags in his hands.

"Good morning Sue," Alex greeted her.

"Good morning din," Sue answered smiling widely, "ang aga mo yatang napadaan?"

"Dinalhan kasi kita ng breakfast," Alex responded, "May siomai, tapsilog, tosilog, longsilog, corned beef, daing na bangus, tinapa and tuyo."

"Hoy! Anong kala mo sa kin? Baboy?" Sue eyes widened at the amount of food that Alex brought, "parang bibitayin mo kami sa dami ng pagkain na dala mo ah."

"Uy, di naman," Alex said, "di ko lang kasi sure kung ano gusto mo almusal. Ang alam ko lang kasi gusto mo ng almusal kaya kumuha na ko ng lahat."

"Naku Sue," Lala interrupted them, "wag mo nga tinatanggihan ang grasya. Madami naman tayo dito."

"May nakuhang tagapagtanggol," Sue whispered to herself although loud enough for Lala to hear.

"Magtigil ka dyan ha," Lala warned her. "Sige na Alex, maupo ka na at magsimula na tayo kumain."

"Salamat ate," Alex said shyly while handing the bags he was holding to the maids.

"Kamusta naman ang concert kagabi?" Lala asked Alex since Sue wouldn't give details.

"Masaya naman ate," Alex replied while serving himself breakfast, "nakakatuwa kasi kinanta nya lahat ng paborito naming kanta ni Sue. Hindi na nga namin napigilan na makikanta." Alex told Lala enthusiastically. Throughout the whole breakfast, they shared stories and experiences from the concert.