Chapter 5

Juliets Pov

My knuckle raps against the hospital room door. I stand, leaning slightly to the left and a hand on my hip. I hear him murmur a small 'come in' and I open the door. He rolls his eyes when he sees me but smirks anyway. I sigh and close the door behind me as I enter the hospital room fully.

I sit down in a chair beside his bed and take my jacket off; placing it on the chair behind me.

"Hows everyone doing back at the base?" He asks, sitting up

"Good, its all going fine. So don't worr-"

"Tch, I why would I worry for those brats' sake?"

I roll my eyes and pick up my bag that I kept on the floor. Levi raises a questioning eyebrow but doesn't stop me. I reach into the bag and bring out a small card box, I open the box and a lovely scent fills the room. Lemon cupcakes.

In the underground, there was this old couple Floyd and Liz, they acted like parents to us whenever we saw them, they lived on our street. Liz would make me and Levi lemon buns every so often and we used to eat them together at home, its our special food. Floyd on the other hand, was an amazing artist and loved to draw us together, we have many copies of drawings in our home underneath the surface.

I pass Levi one of the luke-warm buns and he gives a small smile.

"Thanks, you were so young when we started having these that I thought you might've forgotten" He admits

We both look out of the large window and eat our treatsm when we're finished I go back into the bag.

"I know Erwin brought you some spare clothes, and pyjamas and shit. But I thought you might get bored in here so I brought you your book" I say and pass him the copy of great literature

"Hm, you're right, it gets extremely boring in here." The soldier admits as he holds the book

"I haven't got any further than you have, shall we read together?" I ask with a yawn and he nods

3rd Persons Pov

And for nearly two hours, the soldiers enjoy themselves as they read the work of Shakespeare.

"As much as ive enjoyed it today with you, don't visit me again whilst im in here, Erwins going to be calling literally all of the times when im not asleep to tell me about a few plans. So, if anyone turns up he definitely wont let them in. If theres an emergency- call for Hange" Levi explains, his voice sad.

"Okay" Juliet says with a hint of sadness, she doesn't want Levi to feel guilty

"You should get going, its nearly 7," Levi says, looking at the white clock hanging on the wall

Juliet says her goodbyes and then leaves the hospital. Looking into the darkening sky, she sighs and thinks about when she got out of the underground, she was sad to have left her friends but so happy to see the swirling colours of the sky above.

Juliets Pov

"Ah! So you're back!" Eld says with a happy smile as I enter the castle mess hall

"Yeah, sorry I didn't leave a note. I didn't think I'd be back late" I explain, sitting down next to Gunther on a table

"Well Im about to make everyone some dinner, you want some?"

"Oh, yeah please. Do you want any help?" I say with a yawn.

"No thanks, im fine doing it on my own"

After we've all eaten dinner, we remain at the same table and everyone chats, they all talk about the day's events and I stay silent, staring into my teacup. Gunther then gives everyone an update on his brother, who had recently gotten married. It was then that everyone moved to the topic of family, a touchy subject for me. Petra tells us about her fathers new job, Oluo tells us of his mothers wonderful cooking, Eld tells us of his parents writing to him every week, and Gunther talks of his mothers perky attitude.