Fluffy

After the incident with the dog, Harry was very cautious. It was about a week before Hermione blurt out,
     "Did you see what that thing was standing on?"
     "Um, I was kind of pre-occupied with not freaking out." Ginny said.
     "A trap door!! That dog is guarding something!" Hermione told them.
     "I bet Hagrid will know what that thing is!!" Harry said excitedly. There were so many possibilities as to what might be under that trap door. They packed their stuff and went down to Hagrid's hut.
     "Hello Arry, Hermione, Ginny. What brings you three down 'ere?" Hagrid asked them.
     "We were wondering what was in the Forbidden Area on the Third floor." Harry asked.
     "You found Fluffy?" Hagrid questioned.
     "That thing has a name?" Hermione asked with distaste.
     "'Course he's got a name! He's mine!" Hagrid said proudly.
     "I lent him to Dumbledore to guard-" Hagrid stopped short.
     "Guard what, Hagrid?" Ginny asked.
     "What Fluffy is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel." Hagrid put a hand over his mouth.
     "I've said enough. Out you go." He ushered the Trio out and shut the door behind him. Hermione looked like she was wracking her brain for the name and said,
     "I'm going to the library. I need to do some research." She then quickly walked away.
     "We gotta go get ready for Quidditch, Harry. Wood will go insane if we miss practice. We can research after." Ginny said.
~~Time Lapse to Dinner~~
Harry and Ginny sat down at the Gryffindor table, sweaty and gross and dug into the food. Hermione never showed. After dinner, Harry and Ginny went to the common room to get clean. Harry and Ginny played Wizards Chess for awhile, Ginny explaining all the steps for him. She beat him every time.
     "Wow you're good!" Harry exclaimed after getting beat for the fourth time. Ginny shrugged,
     "Ron spent a lot of time teaching me. When George and Fred went to Hogwarts, Ron still had another year, so he made me learn." Ginny said.
     "He must be the master, if he taught you to play that good." Harry said.
     "Well, I actually beat him pretty frequently now. So I guess I'm the master!" Ginny laughed and Harry laughed with her. They played a few more games until Hermione walked in.
     "Mione, where were you?" Ginny asked her.
     "The library. Researching Nicolas Flamel." She explained and dumped about ten books on the table.
     "Merlin Hermione! We can help you sort through these books! You must've gone through loads!" Harry exclaimed.
     "Yeah, but I didn't find a single bloody thing on Nicolas Flamel!" Hermione fumed.
     "It was only your first day, and you're only one person, Hermione! I promise that Harry and I will be there tomorrow." Ginny told the frantic girl. Hermione breathed a sigh of relief.
     "Come on, we can help you with some of your essays." Ginny said obviously proud to say that they could help Hermione with homework.
     "That's okay guys, I've kinda already finished them all." Hermione said.
Ginny laughed and said,
     "Always one step ahead, huh?"
Hermione blushed and laughed with Harry and Ginny.
They talked for a bit longer and finally, Harry decided that it was time to turn in. The next morning was Saturday and they spent the whole day in the library researching Nicolas Flamel. Harry and Ginny only took a break to go to quidditch. They came back and found Hermione arguing with Madam Pince. They stood nearby and listened. Hermione wanted to go into the Restricted Section, but she needed a note signed by a teacher. She stormed out and Harry and Ginny rushed in and grabbed all their books, checked them out and then hastily stacked them in their bags. Madam Pince clicked her tongue at them and walked toward the back of the library. Harry and Ginny rushed back to the common room and managed to calm Hermione down. During Charms a few days later, Ginny was partnered with Hermione. They were trying to perform the levitating charm. Hermione got it on her first try, but Ginny was having some difficulty.
Hermione put a hand on Ginny's wand which Ginny was doing wild movements with.
"Ginny, please stop your going to take out someone's eye. Also it's swish and flick." Ginny gave her a small smile and tried again. When it didn't work Hermione gave her more advice.
"It's Wingardium Levi-o-sa not Leviosar." She told Ginny.
Ginny mumbled something and Flitwick dismissed the class.
Soon after that, it was Halloween.