The Sorting Hat

Harry, Ginny, and Hermione all got on a boat with a kid named Neville Longbottom. He was nice, but really shy. Harry gaped at the castle in front of him. It was beautiful. Ginny took his hand and squeezed it.
"Oh. My. God, Harry it's so beautiful." Hermione was rattling off facts about the castle but stopped short when she got a full blast of it the ride was nice and now Harry was all nerves. He hated when people pointed at him and when whispers where traded about him. Ginny linked arms with him and Hermione and the walked to the top of the stairs. Professor McGonagall gave a little speech and led all the first years into the hall. Everyone stared and Ginny glared at the people who stared at Harry. McGonagall place an old, ratty hat on a stool and the hat, opened its mouth...and SANG!!
"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me!
You can keep you bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For in the Hogwarts Sorting Hat,
And I can cap them all!
There's nothing hidden in your head the Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be!
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve. and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart!
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal.
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil.
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you're a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
Where you'll meet your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends.
So put me on!
Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands, though I have none,
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"
Harry was really nervous now. He didn't want to be sorted into Slytherin. He could tell Ginny and Hermione were just as nervous. Harry didn't pay much attention, until Hermione's name was called. The Sorting Hat thought for a moment before screaming, GRYFFINDOR! Harry saw Hermione beam as the Gryffindor table cheered. Harry name was called a short while later and he walked up to the stool slowly. He saw Ginny's face start to get red, which meant she was very mad and that was never a good thing, so he shot her a reassuring look and her face started to go back to normal. Harry sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall put the old hat on his head.
"Hmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you..." The Hat whispered in Harry's ear. Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin. Harry found himself thinking.
"Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all her in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that. No?"
Please, please. Anything except Slytherin, anything but Slytherin. Harry told the Hat.
The hat sighed,
"Well, if your sure, better be... GRYFFINDOR!!"
Harry took off the hat and practically ran to the Gryffindor table where Fred and George had stood up yelling,
"WE GOT POTTER!! WE GOT POTTER!!" and hugged Hermione who had stood up to greet him. They sat down and waited for Ginny's sorting. Harry could see her getting anxious and he wanted to comfort her, but knew he couldn't. Finally, finally, Ginny's name was called. Harry held his breath which felt like forever and let out a huge cheer when the hat screamed, Gryffindor. She ran into Harry and Hermione's open arms. They hugged and sat down and tucked in. The food was, AMAZING!! Percy and a girl prefect led them to the Gryffindor common room. Harry said good night to Ginny and Hermione and gave each of them a hug.
"See you guys tomorrow."
And he walked up with the other boys to the dorms.