Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“Whoops!” Harriet smiled sadistically.

With a frown upon my face I looked down on the floor at the orange slush which my step sister had ‘accidently’ spilled. This was typical of her. I whipped off the mess she had made with the mop in my hand and that’s when the ice cream sundae fell down too from her hand.

“My bad,” she grinned.

Swallowing in my bitter anger, I moved on to clean the ice cream from the floor. Harriet was doing this because she knew I had to go out of the house after cleaning. I had told Marylyn that I had some project as that excuse always seemed to work. She had to give me permission to go but only after cleaning the house. As Harriet was at home that evening she was doing everything she could to make me late.

Usually in the evening, Harriet was out hanging out with friend Sara. The only reason Sara had befriended Harriet was that Harriet spent a lot of money on her. Harriet took Sara out for shopping, food, games etc and paid for all of it. It was sad how my step sister had to buy friends for herself.

I was a little anxious that evening and not my usually confident self. What if Vivienne didn’t like me? It was clear that Vivienne meant a lot to Blaze that’s why he wanted to introduce her to me. It was rather sweet of him though and a clear indication of the fact he was serious about us.

After cleaning the house and blow drying Marylyn peroxide blond hair I was went towards my room. I had to wear something which looked effortless and sophisticated so I picked out form fitting frilly pearl pink satin blouse along with dark grey linen pants.

A smile crept up on my face as I thought about Blaze while wearing Candy pink strappy heels.  Marylyn never gave me money to buy fancy clothes, shoes or accessories; boys, who were in love with me paid for my wardrobe.  They always offered to buy clothes or jewellery for me in order to please me. How could I deny them the sweet pleasure of shopping for me?

And boys were always willing to do anything to anything just to date me. That was in the past though; I had Blaze now. I didn’t like him because he was rich and could buy me expensive stuff. I liked him just because he was Blaze and the way he smiled made my heart beat faster.

My mood improved further as I checked my reflection. I looked just the way I wanted to for that evening. I settled for a shimmery pink lip gloss and; some mascara and after that I was done. More than often girls get one thing wrong for dates.

Rule number #3: Never slather on make-up for dates keep it subtle and neutral.

Guys always dislike it when girls put on a lot of make-up and trust me fake eye-lashes and garish nail polish freaks them out. Excess usage of blush on only makes a girl look like a clown. Make-up should be used with perfection and boys should not come to know about how much you have on. Not many guys like eye shadows and I say that from experience. If foundation is applied it should be like a second skin; exactly matching skin tone. There’s one thing which guys like though, luscious red lips. So, if a girl can pull off scarlet red lipstick without looking trashy, she should go ahead with it.

My rules always helped me to get attention from as many boys I wanted and never failed me ever. But there was only one boy I wanted then.

I walked quietly out of my house clutching a pink handbag. My phone was vibrating and without looking at the screen I knew it was Blaze. I was the one who was late this time due to my step sister’s antics.

“Hey,” Blaze flashed me a smile that melted my heart. God, I was falling fast for him.

“Hello,” I slipped into his car and he gave a little kiss on my forehead.