Chapter Seventeen: Grilling, Gunshots and Going to fucking Bangor.

Chapter Seventeen:

What the fudge just happened?

I stare in confusion at the wide open door which Blazer just sprinted out of. Or should I say Ollie... And who is Anna?

I'm starting to think there's more to Blazer than smirking and sarcasm. And quite frankly, that scares the shit out of me. To go four years without even knowing his real name, that's scary. If he can lie about his name what else can he lie about? Is he lying about this 'grand plan'? He could even be working with Hunt-...

No! Stop this Autumn.

You've seen him remember, the real him. You saw it in his eyes, felt it in his tears. He's not trying to hurt me.

That's why he ran.

But why did he call me Anna? And why was he apologising? So many questions and no Blazer to answer them...

I close the door calmly making the educated decision to allow him to come back when he feels ready. I can't push him, not when he's this close to the edge. I try to casually watch TV however my eyes are clearly focused on the door waiting for any sign of him. I don't understand how it came to this. Never did I think of Blazer with anything other than annoyance. I've even had vivid dreams of him just walking away and never coming back. But now the very thought of him not returning is giving me chest pains. Could I possibly like him? I almost laugh out loud at this.

I don't like him. I can't like him. He's bad.

I've always prided myself on never falling for the bad guy. The one that all the girls want. Such a guy just would not fit into my five year plan. And...I can't end up like my mother.

She loved my dad more than she loved herself.

She built him up, plucked him off he streets and made him twice the man he could have ever dreamed he would be. She gave him two children and worked endlessly to be the woman she thought he deserved.

So he cheated on her with his 21 year old PA.

Have you ever physically seen a persons heart break? I have. And I promised myself that will never be me. That's why I chose Kailum.

Good sweet Kaillum.

Kaillum who never got anything less than an A, who worked multiple jobs for everything he has, who bought his mum shopping and gave her foot rubs after long shifts. Kaillum would never be part of a gang or put me in danger of any kind. That's why I chose Kaillum.

One roadtrip with Blazer cannot change that no matter how good he looks topless.

This internal grilling strengthened my resolve and by the time I hear the door handle turning my eyes are completely focuses on the TV.

Don't let him distract you Autumn.

You will get your degree, you will get your high paying job, you will get your beautiful apartment and you will get Kaill-....

"What the fuck happened to you?" My voice is a squeak.

My internal telling off just minutes ago is forgotten as I rush towards Blazer. He's hurt.

He's hurt.
He's hurt.

There's blood but I don't know if it's coming from his eye or nose or cheek or all three and bruises are already forming. My hands hover shakily over his face unsure of where to rush to first. He advances into the house, a prominent limp warning of injuries in places other than his face. What happened to him?

Is it Hunter? Did he find us? I'll kill him!

And I've watched enough Dexter to know how to get away with it...