Meetings

Recap:

I zoom outside of the office before she starts to ask anything else. As I pass my dad, I felt daggers at the back of my head. Shit was going down tonight, and it's not the good version. Before I turn at the last hallway to my room, my arm gets jerked by a hand.

"Hey! What are you doing to-"

"Shh!"

When I look up, I recognize those eyes.

"What do you want Drake."

He looked at me with sadness.

"Catherine...are you being abused..."

I stare at him, shocked. How does he know? What the hell? Where did this come from??

"Drake, leave me alone. It's none of your business!"

I try to run, but his grip just holds me tighter.

"Catherine, stop. I recognize some of your marks. Don't lie to me."

"Why do you even care?! You're always such a big fat jerk! Get away from me!"

I manage to take my arm back and before he says another word, I run to my classroom.

How the hell does he know?!

*Drake's POV*

I watch her run away from me. I know I hate her, but something was bothering me. She had the scars that I had managed to hide for so long. She reminds me of when I was still with my old so-called parents. After they had kidnapped me when I was only 3, they abused me from day one. I was lucky to have been able to run to the police. Somehow, I got to go back to my birth parents. They never stopped looking for me after four years. I smiled to myself, knowing how lucky I was. No one should have to go through the pain of abuse. Looking at Catherine at the park, I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Why did I hate her in the first p lace? I'm not even sure. She was always a quiet girl. Easy to pick on. But now I know I cannot do that. I can't add to the pain that she's been living through. It's like living in hell! I want to run to her, and comfort her, but she hates me! After what I did! God I feel so sick! There's one person I know who hasn't harmed her. My best friend, Neil. He never did anything directly to her. Maybe I can ask him what I should do. Yea, I'll do that.

*RRINNNGGGGGGG!!!*

Shit, I gotta get to class. I hurry along, but not before catching a glimpse of Catherine walking to physics. That's right! She has the same class with Neil! I take my phone and start to text him when I sit in my class. Economics was boring and easy. At least my teacher is oblivious to his students. We all just go on our phone while he rambles. Stupid teacher.

"Hey Neil! Wat's up? R u busy?" I text him, waiting for his response. I put my phone in my pocket and wait for his reply. My phone vibrates and I see his response.

"Hey, I'm in physics right now. But I can txt. Watt's going on"

"I wanted to ask you about someone"

"Sure, who?"

"She's in your class"

"Physics?"

"Yea, Catherine"

He doesn't reply for a few minutes. I put my phone on the desk until I see my screen lighting up again.

"Look, Drake, I kno you don't like her and shit, but things are going 2 far. I saw her parents at the office when she wasn't here and they looked like they could kill. I even skipped school trying to find her. Something isn't rite. "