Memories

I limp to the place where I'm supposed to meet Drake. And no, this is not easy. My back is bleeding and I have cuts all over my body. It makes me wonder if the hand print on my face is still there. An unfamiliar car passes by. I look to see a boy around my age listening to his music. He has no siblings with him, only his parents. Who is that? He looked somewhat familiar within the four seconds.

Ten minutes later, I arrive at the park. Looking around, I start to feel uneasy. The park, usually filled with children, was empty. How long has this park been so deserted? I decided to look for a bench. Walking around, I found the bench I was looking for. It was the same bench where I had many memories. Always good memories....

Flashback:

"C'mon c'mon c'mon! Let's go Michael!"

"No I don't wanna go!"

"It'll be so much fun!"

I drag his little hands in mine to the swing set. Swinging on the swings were always fun, especially with my friends.  

As I happily climb on to the swings, he slowly climbs to his swing.

"Thanks for coming with me, Michael," I say to him after swinging for five minutes.

He looked at me and smiled. 

"You were right. I had fun!"

"Let's go back to the bench. I'm starting to get tired," I tell him.

He agrees and we walk to our bench, the same one we always go to. We stay seated saying no words. Our five year old minds had so many things running through them. As I'm thinking of a song, he starts to hum. The song was the same one I was thinking of!

"Woah! I was just thinking about that song!"

"Haha really? It's my favorite!" he exclaimed with a bright smile.  

He continued to hum the song. My eyes started to droop and he put my head on his shoulder. Within five minutes, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was night time. Michael had gone to sleep too. It was getting cold, and really scary.

"Wake up Michael!" I whispered, shaking him in the process.

"What..."

Then he noticed the sky and looked frightened.

"It's so dark!"

I started to hold to his arm, my grip getting tighter each second. He must have noticed because he spoke up and said,

"Don't be scared, Catherine. I'm sure mommy and daddy are coming to get us."

We stayed on the bench all night, holding on to each other, hoping for his parents to get us. Hours passed, and no one came. I thought how stupid I was to leave the house without telling my parents. Michael said he told his brother, Mason, that he was going to play with me here. Mason was ten years old, five years older than us. I didn't really know him well, but he was always nice to me. But why didn't he tell his parents where Michael and I were? All these questions went through my head. I looked at Michael and he kept looking at the sidewalk that lead to his home. Everything was quite, and the temperature had dropped even more. I started to feel weak and cold. Michael had a jacket with him, so we shared it.

"It's so cold!" I said with chattering teeth.

"I know, but just a little longer," he said.

I didn't say anything after and soon I fell asleep again.

Morning came and I woke up to chirping birds. I was no longer cold. Michael was holding me tightly, without his jacket.

"Michael! Where are you! Michael!"

It was his mom! I try to scream to her where we were, but nothing came out. My voice was gone, and my throat was dry. I try to wiggle out of Michael's tight grip. He woke up and look startled. I noticed that he looked very pale. He stared at me for a while. I pointed in the direction where I heard his mom. He knew what I was saying and ran in the direction I pointed. I guess he went to get his mom. I wanted to go with him, but was too weak to stand. Thinking he would come back for me, I waited. And waited. An hour later, he didn't come. I started crying. An elderly couple saw me and rushed over.

" Sweetie, what happened!" the lady asked, holding my cold face in her hands.

"Jerry, she must have been here all night!"

"Let's take her home, Grace," he responded with worry.

The man named Jerry carried me to a car. As he rushed to get me out of the park, I looked out the window searching for Michael, but he was no where in sight. Where did he go? The couple took me to their house and put me in the hot tub to warm me up. It felt good, but I didn't say anything. The woman named Grace wrapped me in a warm blanket and gave me soup. After eating a warm meal, they brought me to a bed. I quickly fell into a slumber, but my mind was still wondering about Michael.

While I was sleeping, the couple had called the police. Scary looking men took my picture and asked me many questions. My cheery voice was no longer there, just soft words with fear came out. After asking all the questions, they located my parents. My mom and dad did not look happy. They thanked the couple for taking care of me and brought me home. I memorized the couple's address, and that was a smart decision too.

" You stupid child! Do you know how much money we had to pay the police! $500!" my dad yelled at me.

The next thing I know, I felt pain on my face. I screamed in pain but felt anther hit in my stomach. It was my mom who kicked me, and my dad who slapped me.

They left me on the floor, crying and in pain. It was the start of my nightmare.

Present time:

I looked back I the bench that I was sitting on. I never saw Michael after that day. He made me happy, but once he left, nothing was the same again. My parents never changed. Every day, I would get hit. Every year got worse. I learned how to avoid many fights by following what they wanted. Now, it happens once or twice a week. Melissa is the only one who knows about this. She is the grand-daughter of the elderly couple from that day. I went to their house a year after the incident to thank them. Melissa was there and we became close. So I spilled everything, but made her promise not to tell anyone, including her grand parents. She also knew that Michael never came back. I remember when I told her about him, she promised that if she ever saw him, he would get a big punch from her.

Michael.

Why.

The bench we shared hadn't changed. Never once had I gone back to the park. I felt the wood, replaying all that happened in my head, and then I heard my name.

"Catherine?"

That voice. My eyes were filled with anger and fear.

"What do you need, Drake," I spoke with no emotion.

Author's Note:

Well Hiya! I'm SO SO SO sorry I didn't update. It's just been so busy, I literally have time to write a sentence a day. Please forgive me! I'm trying so hard to put in my time for this! But anyway, what did you guys think of the past? And where did Michael go...? Only time will tell! :) Haha, So, hope you enjoyed this. The song Michale was humming is called By My Side by David Choi! LOVELY SONG! Melissa's picture is up to the right! :) Ariel Lin will be playing her! Vote and comment! :) OH! And please advertise haha! ;)