PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"What should we do next, doctor?"

"I don't know. I do NOT know."

The bald man on the other side of the glass screen  projector in the room leaned on his ragged chair, in front of his wooden table, piled with papers, books, pencils and crumbled lists. He stroked his head, and took a deep breath before he banged his hands hard on the table. All the piles of papers fell down, and a corked board with pinned graphs was revealed on the camera.

In his face was terror. Nothing else, but terror, while the other man on the line remained quiet.

"You  made those creatures and now they are against us, their masters! It's your fault why everything now is destroyed!  You destroyed it all!"

He pointed his wrinkled, trembling finger on the bearded man on the screen, who stood up from his chair in that dark room, filled with broken tubes of glasses, wires, laboratory apparatus and a blinkering light.

"How dare you Maximus blame me for this catastrophe! Let me remind you who's country started it all! Who's country bombed the world with their biological weapon decades ago that infected the very core of our DNA'S?! It was your damned country! It was your cursed home place! And now you dare tell me I'm at fault!? That infection spread because of you!"

His shouts echoed through the dark, empty, lifeless room, a laboratory to be exact. His voice filled with rage and anger from the accusations that Maximus gave him.He torn his white coat with patches of black dirt and burns from fire. He screeched and shouted continuously like a mad man while pulling his gray hair. 

The mad hours was as contagious that it will destroy the brain, and the heart.

"Then what should we do!? Our race depleted greatly from billions to thousands because of the disease and those Experiments 901 are killing more and more of our kind! They would not listen for peace! Their blood-lusted revolution is all that matters for those bastards!"

"They are my creations and they are not bastards! And its your people who asked me to make them for the survival of this forsaken race! Now, what you get is genocide!"

"This is catastrophe! This, this is not possible! We will not die!"

"Yes you are! Together with that race you love so much! You, me, we will all die!"

"No, you're just a mad man! We are the superior being of this Earth, this is not - "

"We no longer are!" 

Maximus' eyes grew big, and his lips trembling as he sweat cold and perspire. From his place, explosions  can be heard, shouts were loud, the ground trembled, and dust fell from his ceiling.

"We, we, we just wanted to find a way to continue after that infection struck, and when it was gone, those experiments became the new problem!"

"You should never have tried to destroy them. Now, you're hands are dirty of blood of every people dead. But we will all perish. Not even them would survive the greatest calamity."

The tension between them resided again, Maximus stared at  the other man as he laughed ridiculously stroking his beard.

"What do you mean? Wh-what calamity?"

"The Earth is in failing health, Maximus. It won't be able to live for in hundred year. It will be one, lifeless ball of dirt in space, and not even those rebels could do anything to stop it."

"What is the calamity!" Maximus demanded.

But before the other man could speak, his wall was bombarded by a blinding light, debris flew from the wall, breaking the glasses, and cracking the screen where Maximus and him were talking.

Smoke and dust covered the room.

The rebels infiltrated his place, and a swarm of them took him away. Maximus stood from his chair in surprise and fear, when one of their enemies shot the screen. The lines were finally cut.

"This world is condemned! This world is cursed, Earth will be no more in their hands!"

Earth is on the verge of destruction, and a new governance.

And the last one of Maximus' race died, when he drank a chemical poison, destroying his blood flow, asphyxiating his chest, melting his heart and innards and finally taking his life away before the Rebels could. 

***

____________________________________________________________________