CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Inside Senator Talavier's chamber, on the eastern side of Olympus, not a single commotion could be heard. No shouting, no wails of alarms, no explosion of guns, not even a scratching sound of City guards chasing after Thrain and Reagan could be heard.

Talavier slept with ease on his big, soft bed, and his room illuminated by small, glowing light bulbs floating above the high ceiling of his bedroom. The tall window beside his bed lets the moonlight pass through the room filled with cabinets of books, paintings, and statues of unknown beings neither with tail, nor wings.

Peacefully, Talavier snored and rolled over his bed frequently, and his crystal staff floating above a compartment. His door room rang several times, and they were loud. It kept on ringing and ringing. He soon opened his reddish eyes, and had a terrible frown on his wrinkled face. He wiped his face with his hands, stood up and wore his robe. With pride and hypocritical dignity, he opened the door.

As soon as it opened, a City guard Captain stood straight, saluting him, who somehow had a terrified look, when he saw Talavier's fearsome frown. He looked at the captain, and did not approve when noticed his ragged uniform.

"Yes, officer? I expect you have something worth hearing, when you, without doubts, disturbed by slumber."

"Um, sire, um....." the captain startled, which made it more irritable for Talavier.

"Speak officer!" He shouted, and immediately, the captain talked fast.

"Sire, there are intruders inside Olympus!"

"Who?" Talavier's face changed, and his hands rested on his sides. "How many? I do believe there is nothing to worry about, for your 'competitiveness' should catch the dirty commoners."

Talavier turned his back with a long face, and slowly walked away. But before the door closed, the captain added something to his report.

"We think its Aneclitia's son, Senator."

His face, horrified of what he heard, his eyes grew big, and his big, old wings opened and scattered in pure anger, as he walked slowly back again to the City guard captain.

"What?! A little child, broke all your security systems, breaching every measure you had, and out-smarting nitwits like you?!" Talavier shouted and exclaimed, as he pointed his long finger on the scared captain.

"I expect more from your troop, and this is what you give me? How could a little, thin brat, ever pass the glass citadel?!"

"Um, Senator, he was, with an old-designed robot, sire."

"I care not if he's with a robot, a mermaid, or even an Inhibitor! Don't let him find his mother, and don't let him get near the Life Engine Chamber!"

The captain stood in fear, shaking, of the Senator.

"Go, go! Find them, find them!"

His face as filled with fear, and he knew in his heart, he's scared of whatever is to happen, now that Aneclitia's son is inside his fortress. He held his neck, and took a gulp, in the thought if the President ever learns about this.

***

Thrain recognized it was him, the same boy he met at the park a couple of days passed. He stared at him closely, and Thrain thought he was dead, when he noticed him breathing, when bubbles appeared on the apparatus covering half of his face.

He walked rapidly around the big glass tube where the golden-haired fairy was inside, trying to find a way to open the case. Reagan, who was watching the door for guards who might come, saw Thrain walking around in loops. He, too, took a close look at the big tube.