Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Work was busy this week. I hardly had time to lunch. My mom kept calling me, but when I would come home from work I would be too tired to be dealing with her. I know it's not the most classy thing to do, but I knew my mom and I didn't want to yell at her. If I would call her now I knew I would, only because I would be so tired. I would take it out on her and that just wouldn't be fair.
I told myself I would call her tomorrow or Saturday during the day. Maybe I could even drop by before I would go to Claire's party.
My dinner was ready and just when I was settled on the couch my doorbell rang. It was a strange time and I didn't expect anyone. I actually didn't want to get up, but when they kept ringing I got annoyed.
"Yeah, yeah. Geez", I mumbled strolling to the door.
Unlocking it I made sure I opened it just enough to see who was there.
"Mira! Finally!"
"Max?", I exclaimed surprised. "What are you doing here?"
He caught me off guard, he was the last one I would expect here.
"Can I come in?", he asked.
Without saying a word I held the door open for him to enter.
"Why didn't you respond to my text?", he asked as I closed the door.
Crossing my arms I said; "I'm sorry, I didn't really had time."
He frowned his eyebrows.
"Was that it? My food is getting cold", I said nodding my head towards the coffee table.
I didn't like him showing up at my place. Okay, maybe I should have texted him back, but I was so caught up with work I forgot. Now he wanted an explanation and he wasn't satisfied with the answer I just gave him.
"Let's go out together. I'll buy you dinner", he offered.
My phone interrupted our conversation.
"Excuse me."
I searched for my phone and walked away for some privacy.
"Hello?"
"Girl, have you texted him back yet?"
"Hi Jerry. And no", I said peeking my head around the corner to keep an eye on Max. He had taken a seat at my dining table, great.
"Why not?"
"Listen, Jerry this really isn't a great time. Can I call you back later?", I asked taking another peek at Max. He was examining my living room, his eyes wandered around the place.
"Don't tell me he is there?", he exclaimed.
I rolled my eyes, how did he always knew these things.
"Girl, stop rolling your eyes."
"Shut up", I whispered.
"Talk to him. You can do it!"
Then he hung up and left me standing there.
I walked to Max who was now standing in front of my window. I'm sure he wasn't checking out the view, cause I didn't really had a view. His hands were stuffed in the expensive pockets of his perfect fitting suit.
"Max?", I said fidgeting.
He turned around, his blue eyes sparkling as he smiled at me.
"Yes?", he said penetrating my eyes with his.
"I'm sorry but I can't have dinner with you", I told him.
He stepped closer to me and pulled me into his arms.
I could feel his breath on my face, he bended down a bit and his lips were now close to mine. His eyes were locked with mine and the smell of his cologne was working hard to put a spell on me.
"Please, if I did something wrong, tell me", he whispered with a low voice.
"It's not you. It's nothing", I whispered.
"Then why didn't you contact me? Why won't you let me take you out?"
He pulled me closer to him and I wasn't sure what to do with my hands.
Slowly I placed them on his chest, holding on to the border of his suit jacket.
His hands cupped my head as he softly pushed his against mine.
"I was busy", I whispered batting my eyelashes at him.
"You're not busy now. I missed you sweetheart", he said closing his eyes.
He buried his face in my neck, his nose sniffing my hair.
"You always smell so lovely, so sweet."
"Um, thank you", I blushed.
"Max, I think you should go now", I said slowly breaking away from his embrace.
He didn't say anything back. He just walked to the door.
When he opened it, he turned his head to me and asked; "Will I see you this weekend?"
I heaved a sigh and let my eyes meet with my carpet.
"I'm afraid not, I have a birthday party."
I strolled over to him and he closed the door again.
"Tell me, I will see you again soon?" He stroke a strand of my hair.
"I..I..don't..", I stuttered. His eyes were so hypnotizing.
What did he do to me, this was so confusing to me.