Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It was Monday already and I knew I had a lot of work waiting for me to be done. I should have done a few things at home, but I was too lazy to do that. Also, my mood wasn't really that good after I spent the night at Raouls'.
Arriving at my desk I saw the pile of files that needed to be taken care of. I didn't even want to put on my computer cause I knew how many emails I would have. The phone was already ringing the whole time.
I threw my purse under my desk and made some coffee first.
While the coffee was running I picked up the phone.
So many people wanted something from Mr. Hensley. I had to tell Eve again to not let all these useless callers through. She had to do a better job to abstain from them.
As I always did I grabbed the newspaper and coffee to bring to Mr. Hensley. He was already there and no surprise; he was on the phone again.
Quietly I put down his newspaper and placed his coffee on his desk and left his office. Ready to get to my own work.
About halfway through the morning I heard my phone buzz.

Got time for lunch today? Xx

The text was from Eddie. I felt like talking to a friend after this horrible weekend and texted back that I'd be there around one o'clock.
I felt there was no end to all the emails I had to answer. Also Mr. Hensley had a lot of new assignments for me as well to take care of.
Now I felt so stupid that I didn't do anything yesterday. I knew I'd be sitting here until tonight again.
Answering emails I picked up the phone, which was really driving me crazy right now.
"Yes Eve?"
"Mr. Hensley's appointment is here, can I send him through?", she asked.
Shit! I forgot to check the agenda this morning. With all the other things that had kept me occupied I totally forgot.
"Yeah sure."
My hands flew across my keyboard trying to get as many things done as possible before lunchtime.
Again the phone rang and I really wanted to unplug it. Just when I answered it from the corner of my eye I saw Mr. Hensley's client was standing in front of my desk.
Without looking I held up my finger to keep him from talking.
"...Yes, I understand... hmm.. yes, I'm very sorry...I will make sure it will be there tomorrow. Okay, thank you.. Bye."
I threw the receiver down and cussed under my breath.
Then I pointed my attention to the gentleman standing in front of my desk.
He put down his shades and held them in his hands.
"Hello Miss Prasad, nice to see you again", Max spoke, a smirk was plastered on his face.
I wondered what was so funny.
"How may I help you?", I asked.
"Are you okay? You look stressed", he stated.
"I'm fine", I answered annoyed.
His arm was casually leaning on my desk. I tried my best to keep my eyes on my screen, as I could feel him checking me out.
Fidgeting in my chair I saw his appointment in the agenda.
"One moment please", I said as I called Mr. Hensley.
He said it was okay to let him go through.
"Sir?", I said to him. He was looking me dead in the eye and it was making me nervous.
"If you would follow me."
"With all the pleasure in the world", he answered.
I got up from my seat and adjusted my black skirt. My high heels dragged me away from my safe desk, on to Mr. Hensley's office with Mr. Smooth talk behind me.
I knocked on the door and I heard a hum that was a sign I could open the door and let Max in.
"Can you get us coffee please?", Mr. Hensley asked as he stood up from his chair to greet Max.
I nod my head in understanding and closed the door behind me.
After I brought them their coffee I got downstairs to talk to Eve.
"Hey girl. You got a minute?", I asked as I stood in front of her desk.
Her blond ponytail was softly bouncing left to right as she lifted up her head to me.
"Hi! Sure I do!", she answered.
I wanted to say something but before I could speak she eyed me to come closer. I bent forward a bit, my arms leaning on her desk.
"Girl! Have you seen Mr. Hensley's appointment! He's so hot!", she squealed.
I gave her a look, letting her know I obviously did. She let out a giggle.
"He's okay", I answered.
"Are you crazy?"
"No, I don't think he's all that. I heard he's a real womanizer", I told her.
"Maybe, but my hormones are driving me insane when he walks in here", she said, her cheeks turning a little red.
I laughed at the sight of that. She could sometimes really act like a teenage girl seeing her crush.
After our gossip about Max I talked to her about the phone calls she needed to brush off. She understood and I went back to my desk.
Just as I put my bum on my seat the door of Mr. Hensley's office opened.
The two of them walked out and Mr. Hensley stopped at my desk.
"I'll be out for lunch now", he said and looked at his watch. "I think I'll be back in an hour and a half."
I nod my head in understanding.
"Miss Park", Max said with a nod. There was this shimmering in his eyes.
I continued my work as they approached the elevator. A gave one quick peek as I heard the doors open and I saw Max eyed me and gave me a wink just before entering the elevator.
What is it with this man? I didn't have much time to think about it as the phone started to ring again.
After my boss came back I texted Eddie to meet me in front of 1980, one of our favourite lunchrooms.