Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Pt2

Max was already at the car when Claire came down the stairs. She kept her head high, but everything in her demeanor said she was mad. He didn't even take the time to wait for her to sit, he opened the door on the other side and took a seat behind the driver.
The driver, professionally held the door open for her. The driver gave her a stare and she returned one to him as well.
Max however was already taken by his phone, or he wanted to make that impression. In fact he was contemplating whether or not he should text Mira. He knew this evening was going to end in a disaster for him privately if he would engage in Claire's games. He also knew it would end in a disaster for his business if he wouldn't engage in all of this.
"What? Are you too good now, to even wait for me?", Claire shot out.
Max didn't even want to look at her.
"I have a driver, he can keep the door open for you. Didn't he?"
Claire crossed her arms.
"You know, you could be more thankful for me setting this up."
She was obviously feeling insulted by Max not recognizing her and her effort.
He didn't even took a moment to look away from his phone. He kept looking at Mira's number.
"Thank you", he sarcastically said.
"I don't understand why you have to act like this", she tried.
"When did I ever ask if you could help me? I don't need your help", he said.
"Maybe you should play nice. I could make or break this deal", she threatened.
He craned his head towards her. Giving her a look.
She crossed her legs and started to fiddle with her nails, giving him the side eye.
Max grumbled.
"Don't do that too often, I like when you do that", her sultry voice spoke.
For a little while Max didn't say anything. He was trying to figure out what his best option would be. Finally he came to a decision.
"Okay, I'll play. But just for tonight. After tonight I want you to leave me alone. You hear me?"
"Oh, Max...", she sighed. "Do you really think Mira wants you back after everything."
Anger was building up fast, he could feel his heartbeat racing, his breath started to accelerate and he clenched his teeth.
But he also knew that that was exactly what she wanted. He took a few deep breaths to try and control his feelings.
"Am not about to talk to you about Mira", is the only thing he said.
Claire had a very nasty smirk on her face.
Meanwhile the driver pretended not to eaves drop, but every now and then he glanced through the rearview mirror. His hat was covering half of his face, so neither Claire or Max could see him peak.
"You don't have to talk to me about it. Just know I'm here for you", she said stroking his right leg with her hand.
The driver grinned at the scene.
"Are we almost there?", Max said impatiently.
This driver didn't speak. In fact, he hadn't been talking ever since he picked Max up.
Normally his own driver would ask about small stuff, but this new driver didn't say a single word. Maybe he could feel the tension and figured it would be best not to speak. Though Max found it a bit off he didn't think anything of it.
He needed to keep his head clear for tonight. There was no way he would let Claire spoil everything.
It was bad enough he was stuck with getting this contractor, now he had to deal with Claire too. The thing he hoped most was that the David would keep his mouth shut about Mira. He didn't know if he could keep quiet if he would disrespect her again. To Max she was still his Indian queen. There was not one night he didn't dream about her.
He knew he had to keep things professional but he had always hated racists. His brother was the type to make racists comments and so had a lot of people that had surrounded him in the past. His parents were never like that. He didn't know why his brother did, cause their up bringing had been the same.
Almost everyone he met in the industry, while building his company had racist remarks. From the moment he started to make a name for himself he wanted to make a change in the industry. He had hired people from all ethnicities and was also trying to support companies owned by people other than white's.
It hadn't always been easy, especially when his company had grown significantly in a short amount of time. The further up the ladder, the harder it got. He knew he was 'lucky' enough to be a white male. He was very well aware of his privileges and all the benefits that came along.
Though he persevered in his ideals to be more diverse.
Working with big companies made it hard, most CEO's didn't understand his vision. Some would mock him, others on the other hand slowly started to follow his way. The longer some of them worked with him, the more they understood everybody deserved a chance.
Of course there were also company's who really didn't care about it.
David's company was one of them.
Max did meet him at times on business conventions. Back when he was still married. Of course at that time David was nice to him, he loved his wife and couldn't stop saying how lucky he was to marry such a fine woman.
He never thought he would do have to work with him, but now the time was there.
"Mr. Woods, we have arrived."
Max shoot back to reality and needed a moment to realize someone said something. He didn't even really heard it. It wasn't until he looked outside when he saw they had arrived at the Four Seasons.
The driver stopped the car and got out. He walked around the car to open the door on Claire's side. She got out and Max could hear them whisper. He though it was odd, cause the driver didn't speak the whole time.
His door opened and he got out. Claire was waiting for him to accompany him.
With reluctance he put out his arm for her to hold. Proudly she strutted at his side. The porter opened the door for them so they could go inside.
He spotted David, he was sitting at the bar, his wife was right by his side. She wore a beautiful royal blue Gucci gown, he wore a, in Max' eyes, very tacky Versace suit.
David signaled for them to come over and they walked in their direction. Of course he couldn't keep his eyes off Claire. Max wondered how many times he had cheated on his wife. He could just feel he wasn't always faithful to her. Talking about family.
"Good evening Max!", he exclaimed happily. "Hi David", he said. They greeted each other with a firm handshake.
"I believe you met my wife Melissa", David said as he put his hand on the small of her back. She smiled a politely and Max shook her hand as he smiled at her. "Yes I did, you look gorgeous as always", he said.
"Thank you."
"So aren't you going to introduce me to your beautiful date?", David said glaring up and down at Claire.
Claire grinned, she just loved the attention. Melissa on the other hand poured back her (probably expensive) red wine at once, while watching her husband almost drool by looking at another, much younger, woman.
"Oh, of course. I forgot my manners", Max awkwardly laughed.
Claire stepped forwards a bit.
"David, Claire, Claire, David. But I believe you knew each other already, don't you?", he tried not to sound bitter.
"I know David through my father", Claire said. "We have met a few times. I didn't know you and Max are back together." David laughed while still holding Claire's hand.
Before she could say anything Max said with a friendly smile: "We aren't back together, Claire is just keeping me company."
"You can let go of her hand now honey", Melissa's voice indicated she was very annoyed.
David laughed. "Oh, yes. I'm sorry. Waiter, we're ready for our table."
They were escorted to their table.
As the gentleman he is, Max pulled out her chair for Claire. Then he took a seat himself. David did the same thing for his wife.
The waiter didn't have to ask if they wanted a bottle of wine or what kind, David was a regular and therefor well known costumer, so there was already a bottle. The waiter served them all a glass.
He stood next to the table, patiently waiting.
David raised his glass "To a fruitful cooperation!"
They all clinked their glasses.
Melissa drank the content all at once. David gave her look, she just shrugged.
The waiter, who was still at their table poured her another glass.
"Do you want to see the menu, sir?", he asked David.
"Yes please."
"So, Max how is business?", David started.
"It's very busy. We have several projects running right now. But nothing I can't handle."
"I bet. You know I have always been interested in working with you", David said.
The waiter came back with the menu's and handed them out.
"I'm starving", Claire said.
"You look like you could eat something", Melissa said.
Claire smiled, but it wasn't a friendly smile. The tension at the table rose.
"Thank you, I have been working very hard to keep my figure right. I wanted to fit into this gorgeous dress for Max. It has cost me a fortune so."
"What is it? Prada?", Melissa spit out.
Claire didn't answer, she just smiled.
"Well, I must say, you look beautiful. The white and gold looks perfect on you. It compliments you figure", David stated while his eyes wandered off to her chest. "Don't you think, Max?"
Max had his eyes on the menu and was trying to figure out the right thing to say.
"It's a beautiful dress", he said with a small smile.
They gave their orders to the waiter, who took their menu's and walked off.
What followed was a long conversation where they talked about all the things regarding the project.
During the conversation Claire kept touching Max. He was not comfortable with her doing so, but there was not much he could do. He knew that if he would make a scene things would get ugly. He also didn't want to take the risk of any paparazzi keeping an eye on him.
Claire knew damn well what she did and she enjoyed it. The high heel on her foot, rubbed Max' leg. He didn't flinch once.
Her hand got close to his upper leg a few times, which he managed to push away gently, while she kept smiling as if nothing was happening.
All he could think of was how he could get out of this mess.
He was so done, but he couldn't escape, not yet.
"I must say Max, you two look good together", David smirked.
"Don't we?", Claire said looking at Max with nothing but lust in her eyes.
"I heard your dad say he would love to have Max as his son in law."
"Yeah, he was very sad when we broke up."
"To be fair, my wife played a part in that", Max said.
"A man like you always has lots of women around him. She could've forgive you", David shrugged.
Melissa gave him a look. Max caught here eye and he subtly gave her a nod in understanding. Now he definitely knew he had been cheating on her.
"Well, having a lot of woman wanting something from you isn't a very good reason to cheat", Max started. "I made some bad decisions in the past, but I learned from them."
"Can't really say that Claire is a 'bad' decision", he air quoted the word bad.
Claire kept looking at Max, without saying a word he knew that if he would say anything to discredit her, he would not get this deal.
"No, I don't mean Claire", he said putting his hand on her leg. "I just mean I was in a dark place for a lot of reasons, that's why my marriage was bound to end. But let's not talk about my private life, let's see if we can work things out!", he exclaimed happily rubbing Claire's leg.
When he took a big sip from his whiskey, he gave her a lusty look. He knew this was the only way for him to please everyone at the table, including Melissa, who saw her husband having only eyes for Claire.
Max felt really bad for her and a part of his past flashed before him. He has been like that once too and he felt bad for his wife, now that he's seeing how it would've been for her.
For a little while they kept talking and Max knew he had drank way too much.
The women had left the table to, as they said, powder their nose. It was just Max and David now.
"Let's say we keep in touch. I really like the way you think and I'm very interested in that new project you are running."
"You know it's in L.A., right?"
"Yes, but our L.A. branch is up to date. We already spoke to some of your investors too. It shouldn't be any trouble."
"Ah good. Well, I'll have my legal department set up the paperwork. Let's meet in a few weeks. I'll have my secretary set up a meeting", Max said standing up.
At that moment both of the ladies returned from the bathroom. They seemed like they didn't really have a good conversation while being away.
"Can we go now baby?", Melissa said as she walked up to her husband.
"We're about done, right Max?", he said.
"We are."
"I heard you are staying here, Claire", David hinted.
"Yes I am", she said putting her hand on Max' arm.
"Well, I'll leave you too alone. Have a nice evening", he said shaking Max' hand and simultaneously petting his back. He winked as he pulled back, whispering in his ear. "Tap that fine ass. You know she's all ready to."
Max just grinned, uncomfortably.
As he shook Melissa's hand he gave her another nod to let her know he felt for her. She took the message and gave a nod with a small smile to thank him.
David on the other hand grabbed the opportunity to hug Claire very tight where one of his hands traveled down her body to rub her butt, before letting go pinching it. He glared at her breasts as he leaned in to give her a kiss on her cheek. "You know I'd love to fuck you one day. I'll give it to you good", he whispered in her ear.
Claire seemed to love it, she just gave him a wink.
"Baby, I think I should take you home, you drank too much", Melissa urged.
They both walked away, with Claire and Max staring at them.
"So, do you want to have another drink?", she asked.
Max rolled his eyes. "If you don't I'll have to call David to..."
She couldn't finish her sentence. He grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her close to him. "You wouldn't", he growled through his teeth.
"Oh, baby", she said "you know I will." She stroke his face and gave him a fake sweet look. "Now let go of me."
"One drink."
They walked to the elevators. "I have to use the restroom, I'll be right there. What is the room number?"
"598", she said with a big grin and then walked away.
Max splashed some water in his face and looked at himself in the mirror.
"What the hell are you doing?", he said to himself.
He splashed some more water into his face. With a heavy heart he made his way up to Claire's room.
He knocked on the door. "It's open", her sultry voice spoke.
He opened up the door and walked into the room. He didn't see her at first until he looked to his left, there she was, as he already expected, in very sexy lingerie, on the bed, a bottle of champaign and two glasses in her hands.
He closed the door and crossed his arms. "What is this?"
She put the glasses and the bottle on the night stand.
"Don't you like this?", she said rubbing her body. It was so cheap.
"Claire, I.."
"You what?", she said getting up.
She popped the bottle and poured them both a glass. She walked up to him and handed him his glass. "To a fruitful collaboration."
She then walked back to the bed and laid down. Come have some desert with me.
There were strawberry's and whipped cream on a tray. He walked up to the edge of the bed and sat down. Drinking his champaign in one sip.
"Take of your jacked and shirt."
He rolled his eyes. "If you don't..."
So he did as she asked and took them off. "Come closer", she whispered.
Every thing in his body said he shouldn't engage, but he felt trapped.
"Now lay down."
"Do we really have to do this?", he asked laying down.
"We do", she said.
She grabbed the whipped cream and put some on his chest. He shivered loudly.
Claire moaned, then put a strawberry in his mouth and let her tongue travel over his chest. She smeared it all over his upper body, licking him up and down.
It was not what he wanted and he pushed her away. "Listen Claire, I can't do this."
"Fine."
"Thank you. Do you mind if I take a quick shower, the whipped cream is starting to make me smell bad."
"Yeah, sure. Look Max I'm sorry I behaved this way. I shouldn't have done this."
"Yeah", he said getting up.
Grabbing his shirt, walking up to the bathroom. He should have been suspicious about her suddenly turning 180 degrees, but he was already happy she stopped her silly games.
A quick shower was all he needed, he wanted to get away as soon as possible. He heard a voice in the other room.
He figured it was room service or something.
Without knowing it Claire got totally naked, laying in the bed. Knowing damn well what she was up to.
As he emerged from the bathroom, everything started to go in slow motion.
Mira
What was she doing here?
"This can't be happening", he thought to himself.

A/N I know I said I actually didn't want to do a part where we see Max' pov. But I as I was writing I could see this fit the story. Please let me know if you agree!
I would love to hear your thoughts about this. The things I wrote from his pov where so bad, I couldn't post it. I think this is so much better than what I had before. 

Let me know if you like this story. Writing again certainly makes me happy and continuing this story gives me so much joy. I was stuck on the storyline for such a long time. I feel like I am finally over my writers block. 

Thank you to all of you who keep supporting me and this journey!!!!!