Secrets - twenty (Penny/Erin)

NOTE: I. Am. So. Incredibly. Sorry. For the longest gap of no update in the history of my lack of updates. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. On the bright side...I hope you've enjoyed rereading the story while waiting? :)

HAPPY TWENTIETH CHAPTER! This will be the last you'll see Erin for a while. Like I said, she's not really the main focus of the story. :)

I hope this doesn't seem like a filler chapter. And I know it may be short, but there will be more! I also promise not to have another 2 months gap of no update. You have my word!!

And, yes, another Lawson song to start. They're a good band you should check them out.

CHAPTER TWENTY

I don't need to see you cry

I don't need to breathe your life

Think it's time I'm moving on

I gotta let go, let go

Let Go - Lawson

Penny woke up to a throbbing headache. She had no idea what time it was or what day; all she knew was that the headache killed her.

“Ugh…” She moaned. She could barely open her eyes.

“Hey, baby…” She heard Jay’s sweet whisper. His hand was stroking her forehead softly. “I made sure the blinds and curtains blocked out any sunlight outside.”

“What the hell did I do last night?” She placed her hand over her head, still with her eyes closed.

“You were unbelievably pissed drunk…my level, actually.” He said proudly. Penny hit his shoulder. “Ey!”

“Make it go away!” She whined.

“Okay, okay! Sit up so I can give you some Tylenol and Gatorade.”

Penny slowly sat up—with his help—and opened her mouth when Jay popped in a Tylenol. She then swallowed it slowly with a lemon lime flavored Gatorade.

“Now get some more rest, Pen. You’ll feel a bit better later.” He kissed the top of her head.

“Thank you…” Penny lay back down on the bed and closed her eyes. She fell back to sleep almost instantly.

The next time Penny woke up, she nearly had a heart attack; someone—maybe Jay—sat on her bed cross-legged, with a gruesome, nasty head mask of a monster. She squirmed against the headboard of the bed, and heard that familiar quick cackle of Tom Parker.

“Tom!!!” She pulled out her pillow and smashed it on him as he removed the mask. “Oh my God. Not again! That was—not—funny!”

“Ah! Alright! I’m sorry!” He laughed, throwing the mask to the floor. “Come here, come here.” He opened his arms wide for a hug, but Penny dodged him. “It was Siva’s idea, I swear.”

“Like hell it was!” Penny growled at him, annoyed. Her headache wasn’t throbbing so much now, but she was not having any silly games come at her today. She removed the covers from her legs and got off the bed. She was in shorts and a casual white shirt; either Jay dressed her in her sleep, or she dressed herself. She didn’t remember.

In fact, the only thing she remembered before she drank so much was seeing people she hated at the club, which made her feel extremely annoyed at anything and everything.

“Hey, hey, look—” Tom hopped off the bed and wrapped his arms around her. “…I have a surprise for you.”

Penny scowled at him; she hoped it wasn’t another one of his stupid pranks. Tom’s eyes widened.