Holding the baby for the first time

Harry: “I... I don’t want to drop...” He tries to explain as the nurse offers him the baby. The nurse smiles as she pats the newborn bound in blankets. “Why don’t you sit down and hold her, make things easier?” With a rough gulp he nods his head, plopping himself down in the blue hospital chair. The blonde nurse gives a smile before leaning over to place the baby in his trembling arms. Your daughter whimpers, squirming around for a moment before stopping. Harry’s smile splits his face, one of his large hands comes up to brush at her hair. “She’s perfect.” He whispers. “Alright, smile for the camera!” The nurse cheers causing Harry to grin and shift his daughter upward to the camera.

Liam: You’re exhausted after giving birth, so Liam is the first one who holds your son. His arms are strong and protective around the little guy. The nurses can’t help but giggle and coo at the sight before them. “I’ve saw tons of men hold their babies before,” one of the nurses tell you while holding up a glass of water for you “but there is more love in your husband’s eyes than all of theirs combined.” You just weakly smile before sipping your water through the straw. “He’s going to be a good dad. The baby is going to be spoiled. He’s already told me that countless times.” You whisper smiling at her.

Louis: “It’s a boy!” The doctor exclaims with a smile, Louis’ grip on your hand tightens as countless tears fall down his cheeks. “He’s so beautiful.” He praised peppering kisses along your forehead. “You did such a great job. So proud of you.” Your son is hauled off to be cleaned and monitored but once he’s brought back in the room Louis jumps up to hold him. He’s small in Louis’ tan arms, squirming around and whimpering. Louis’ smile is so big, he pats his back softly before rocking him back and forth. “Hi, Little guy. Hi.” He mumbles.

Niall: Niall smiles down at the pink bundle in his arms. Every since the nurse has handed over your daughter to Niall she hasn’t left the comforts of his arms. “Isn’t she cute?” He asks Harry with a wide smile. Harry scoff before chuckling and resting his head against Louis shoulder. “I don’t know, Nialler. You’ve held her ever since we got there!” Niall gives an innocent smile to the group of boys before kissing her forehead. “Okay, Okay.... here.” He whispers very carefully handing over his daughter. “Hold her head up, don’t drop her... be...” “[y/n] control your husband.” Louis laughed.

Zayn: “He’s sleeping now,” Zayn whispered stroking the black hairs along your baby’s head. Zayn was nervous, of course but once he finally got the little boy in his arms he calmed down a bit. “You did great, I’m really so proud of you.” He mumbles against your skin while placing a kiss on your forehead. “Thanks for staying here with me.” You whisper breathlessly giving him a smile. “Don’t thank me.” He tells before handing your son over. This is the first time in almost 30 minutes he’s been away from Zayn and you can tell he misses him already. “We have a lifetime with him babe.” You promise, he cracks a smile before nodding. “You’re right, you’re right