Chapter 20

We decided to actually plan our holiday rather than just leaving so Niall went off to plan our getaway to somewhere exotic and I watched as William tried to pull himself across the room to a toy that was sitting on the floor. He’s not strong enough to hold himself up so he can crawl so he just wiggles until he moves. He hasn’t quite figured out that it would be easier to use his arms. I think of how much he’s grown in the last few months and how tiny he was when he was born. When he was that little Harry was too nervous to pick him up.

Things had been alright until he asked me if I wanted more kids. Now that I was alone I was thinking about everything that had happened in the last few days. I slapped him, I yelled at him and accused him of trying to blackmail me and I told him that he wouldn’t see his son. I sat there and looked down at William. He grows every day. What the hell is wrong with me? I stand from the sofa and walk over to William picking him up. I prop him on my hip and I walk towards the back door. I don’t know how long Niall and I will be gone and the more I think about it the more I realise that things cannot be like this.

He did betray me by sleeping with Caroline, he betrayed me by sleeping with Noelle and he did betray me when he told the media all those things but he is William’s father. I know somewhere deep down he did or does love me and I know that he loves William. I walk across the yard and knock on the back door. Harry looks up from the table and his eyes widen when he sees me. His lip is fat from Niall’s fist to his face. “Jess,” He croaks as he opens the door. William lets out a delighted squawk when he sees his daddy and reaches out for him. “Come in,” He says and opens the door not sure whether he should take William who wants to cuddle his daddy.

“Here,” I try to smile but I end up frowning at him.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you or William ever.” He says quietly.

“I’m sorry.” It took all of my guts to say that to him but since Niall had left the house I had been thinking and I honestly didn’t want William to grow up thinking that he was a mistake because his parents couldn’t get along. Harry and I had both done some stupid things to each other but I was twenty one years old now my birthday was coming up and I knew I had to be mature.

“I’m really sorry I said all those things to the media,” He sighed in return.

“I’ve said some horrible things to you over the last three months because I’ve been angry but I can’t do it anymore Harry. I don’t want William to think that we hate each other. If we’re not going to be together then we at least have to get along.” Harry cuddles William as William plays with his curls and we walk through the house to the living room where we sit on different sofas.

“I understand,” He nods his head and smiles when William takes one of his curls sticks it in his mouth. “I didn’t mean what I said earlier Jess. You’re not a sl-.”