Chapter 3

I didn’t stick around long to hear what Harry had to say about Niall and I. I had never been with him, other than those few kisses we shared before I got back with Harry when I was just a few months pregnant. I expected him to take it back but he just kept shouting at me so I picked up the capsule and walked out of the house without saying another word. We’re doing it the hard way.

I went to Niall’s house after I left, I was upset that Harry had continued to be an arse and refused to sign the annulment papers. “So he accused you of cheating on him with me?” Niall laughed loudly because we both knew that it was a crock. Harry’s excuse for believing that we had been together was because every time he was out with Noelle Niall came over to hang out with me.

“Yeah, so if he doesn’t sign the papers in the next five days I’m going to file for a divorce. And he’ll never see Will.” I hate saying that, I don’t want to take William away from him but he’s not exactly giving me any other choice. I put William on the floor with a toy and he happily played while I sat down on the sofa with Niall and a cup of hot cocoa.

“That sucks,” He frowns.

“He’s not giving me any other choice.” I sigh.

“Have you thought about working things out?” This surprises me because for the last two weeks Niall has been telling me that I deserve better than Harry and he doesn’t deserve me or William. I never even considered trying to work things out with Harry only because he promised me when we got engaged that it would never ever happen again and he played me. He snuck around, he lied to me and cheated on me because he wouldn’t ask me for what he wanted.

“No,” I shake my head. He knows why, he’s experienced the same thing that I have.

We sit and watch re-runs of Will and Grace while chatting like we normally would until there’s a knock at the door. Niall gets up and answers the door and then slams it again without saying anything. I cock an eyebrow as the noise startles William and he starts to cry. Niall walks over to William and scoops him up and rocks him to calm him down and he sits next to me on the sofa.

“Who was that?”

“Noelle,” He mutters.

“Oh well that explains everything.” I nod and then remember dreaming about socking her one so I hop off the sofa and walk over to the door. Niall’s eyes are wide and they go even wider when I open the door. Noelle was just about to turn around to leave. I hadn’t noticed how much she had changed since being with Niall. When they first got together she didn’t have anything. Now she was dressed in expensive looking jeans, she had a designer handbag and she was wearing diamond ear rings.