The Seperation: Stay or Escape

Lanie's pov.

I watched for the first time as Julian grinned a toothy grin. He passed his hand in front of his face as if he couldn't believe he could actually see again.

I smiled widely at him before grabbing his hand and leading him back towards the room. He followed behind me clumsily, with his witch stick in hand.

"You can heal!?" Julian finally spoke when we entered his room.

I smiled and nodded.

"I told you, I could help you!" I squealed.

I was excited for Julian. I was so excited I gave him a bone crushing hug. Julian laughed and patted my back. We pulled apart and he just stared down at me with gratitude.

"You truly are my friend" Julian said smiling.

I gasped. That was the first time he actually admitted it!

"Really!" I asked, even more excited and happy.

Julian nodded, and hugged me again. I hugged him back.

~ A couple minutes later ~

Now that Julian has his eyesight back all he has been doing is watching tv, and trying to braid my hair. He is so happy, it makes me happy.

Out of nowhere two men walked In front of Julian's bedroom door, almost stomping as they did. I looked up at Julian confused, while he matched my gaze. I looked at the closed door, as if waiting for them to open it at any second.

"Find the little girl. Ryan wants her taken to the cell immediately" One of the unknown guards spoke.

Suddenly a cold chill went down my spine. I looked up at Julian horrified.

I don't want to go to a cell.

Julian put on a hard brave face and stood up in front of me.

"We need to hide you" Julian whispered over to me, as the guards began to walk away from the door.

I nodded and stood up as well. However because of how small Julian's room is, we couldn't find anywhere to hide me in. Suddenly I felt a strong wave of pain hit my body. I doubled over, whimpering quietly from the overall sensational pain.

Julian looked back at me, worry written all over his features.

"What is it?" He asked coming over to me and softly placing a hand on my back.

I was trying so hard not to yell, the pain hurt! A lot!

"It hurts" I managed to squeeze out.

Another big wave of pain hit me, but this time I fell to the ground, holding my stomach and crying.

Julian looked me over in panic, his hand hovered over me, as if he didn't know what to do.

"What hurts?!" He asked

Before I could answer, the guards stood back in front of Julian's closed door.

"She's not in the kitchen, or her room. We lost her" The same guard from before spoke.

I suppressed the humongous urge to scream, when another wave of pain hit me. It hurts so bad, it feels like a thousand bullets are going through me!

Shay!

Shay!

What's wrong with me!

I yelled in my head. Trying to get a hold of Shay.