Chapter Twenty Eight

Josh turned around when I tapped him on his shoulder. "Hi," I said, awkwardly waving at him. He froze, his mouth dropped open and he stared at me in disbelief. "No friggin way!!!" Josh said. I laughed then I gave him a big hug. Josh was still shocked to see me. I'm not gonna lie, but I was also a pretty surprise to see Josh again. We haven't talked and seen each other for ages. Josh McDermitt was my childhood friend. Josh and I went to the same elementary school together, we were neighbours, we were best friends, however that all changed when Josh decided to go to college, he took Theatre arts and Drama. Josh went to college and I didn't. I was really mad at him because he left me alone. Since the day he left for college, we never talked and saw each other again.

"So, how are you doing?" He asked,

"I'm okay. What about you?" 

"Good," Josh answered. I snorted, knowing how awkward we are. Josh laughed, then I punched him on his shoulder. "Dude, I missed you so much!" I said. Josh nodded, "Yeah. Me too" he replied, smiling at me. I took a deep breath, realizing how successful he is. "So Drama School taught you well, huh," I said tapping on his shoulder. Josh just smiled at me. "I'm so proud of you," I said. "Thanks" Josh replied. 

You guys are probably wondering, How Josh and I became best friends? Well, It all started in grade school when I saw a tall skinny guy bullying him. Josh was just at the corner looking down on the floor, he wasn't doing anything, therefore I helped him and scared the bullies away. Since that day, Josh and I became the bestest friends. Every season would be a new adventure. Summer was water gun fights, fall was a video game season, winter was snowball fights, and spring was always going outside to play after school. We had the best childhood ever.

"So, What have you been doing lately?" Josh asked.

"Well... I work for Norman Reedus. I'm his personal assistant" I answered.

"Wow, that's awesome. Did you go to college to get that job?" He asked

"No. I just wrote a FanMail" 

Josh laughed, he probably thinks that I'm joking. "No really, Basically I wrote Norman a FanMail, asking if I could be his assistant. He reads  that FanMail, then BAMM!  I got the job." I said, making jazz hands. Josh was impressed. He won't stop nodding his head. 

"That's great. I'm happy for you" he said. 

"I'm happy for you too. I mean-- Look at you! You're going to be in a famous TV show. You're one of the actors of the walking dead! That is friggin awesome! You're going to be Eugene the scientist! Wow, just wow. That is so awesome!" I replied.

"Thanks, Chloe. We should grab a drink sometimes" Josh said. I nodded. "Yeah, that would be great" I replied. Then we exchange our contact numbers. 

"Well, I better get going now. It's nice to see you again" He said. 

"Yup. See ya!"

"Text me, okay?" 

"Okay," I answered.

I sighed. I grabbed my phone to check the time. 2:32 pm. Okay. Where the heck is Norman now? I looked around the room, searching for Norman. After a couple of minutes searching for him, I finally saw him. He was talking to Andrew (Rick Grimes). I nudge Norman, he looked at me then he puts one arm around me, making my head rest on his shoulder. "Norman, we gotta go now," I said. Norman sighed then he put his drink down. "Fine," he groaned. We said goodbye to Andrew, then after that Norman and I began to leave.

********

Two hours later ...

"Okay were here. Just calm down, Alright." I said. Norman took a deep breathe then we began to hop down the vehicle. My brother Nathan hates lying, therefore, last day when he caught Norman and I kissing, he told me that I should tell Mom and Dad about our relationship. 

We finally arrived the front door. I grabbed Norman's wrist and looked at his watch. 4:35 pm. They're probably home by now. I rang the doorbell twice, we waited for a few seconds, then finally Mom opened the door. "Hi Mom," I said, smiling at her. "Hello Mrs. Hunter" Norman greeted

"Chloe! What a surprise! You did not tell me, that you're going to visit today!" Mom said. Mom gave me a big hug. "I missed you so much, Honey," she said. "I missed you too Mom" I replied.

We finally went inside the house. Norman was scanning our home since it's his first time to be here. "Wow, what a lovely home you have," Norman said to Mom. Mom thanked him.

A moment later, I began to hear sneaky footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Dad. "You were going to scare me, Aren't you?" I laughed. "It's nice to see you again, Sweetheart," Dad said, then he gave me a kiss on my forehead. Mom prepared us some cheesecake and coffee. I'm pretty sure that she did not bake the cheesecake because it tasted so perfect. The coffee was too strong, though. 

"So what brings you here?" Mom asked. I took a deep breathe. I looked at Norman then to them. "Um..." I said, biting my nails, having no idea on how I should say and start this. "Well, Mom, Dad you all know...." I started to say, but Mom cut me off.

"Norman Reedus," Mom said "The man, that my daughter has been obsessed with for years," Mom said. I blushed hardcore. Why would she say that!  Norman just smiled. "She may have been obsessed with me, but now I'm obsessed with her," Norman said. I blushed again. Mom and Dad were completely confused. "What does that supposed to mean?" Mom asked 

"We are dating" I finally said

Mom's mouth dropped open, then she instinctively reach to cover her face. There was a very long pause, and when the whole thing finally processed inside my Mom's brains, She squealed like a crazy insane fan-girl. "Oh Chloe, I am so happy for you!!!" Mom said, she was almost crying. "And YOU!! Norman!! You better treat her right or I'll come down there to Georgia and you don't want to see a mad mama" Mom joked

"No worries Mrs. Hunter" Norman smiled

"Oh please, Call me Sharon," Mom said