Chapter 4

Melina smiled joyfully, as her cab pulled up to the front of Langlesel Inc, for the first time in almost three days. In order to be ready and well-versed for the upcoming business trip to Spain, the Boss had sent her on a series of briefing meetings outside of the company.

She told herself that she missed the sight of the interior richness of Langlesel...but in actuality, it was the sight of Aiden that she longed for.

As soon as she passed the lobby and started toward her own cubicle, she spotted him. His black hair perfectly tousled...he was sitting facing his computer and she never noticed how muscular he was. His broad shoulders and cut biceps were more than appealing, she could only imagine what was underneath...

"Goodmorning Ms. Drake..."

Aiden's silky voice flowed into her body and took her temperature up a couple notches and her knees became shaky.

Get to your chair NOW!!!!, "Goodmorning Mr. Dawson.."Melina greeted back over her shoulder as she rushed to her cubicle.

'What the hell am I doing? He is my BUSINESS partner and NOTHING more...these games have got to end right here...right now! '

Melina nodded in affirmation of the vow she just made to herself, and grabbed a red folder from her briefcase. In it were the details of the Spain trip, that she had already familiarized herself with many times before. For three weeks she, Dawson and Zingler would be staying in a business class hotel in Madrid. There they would partake in what business men like to call "sealing the deal".

In plain English, kissing ass. Melina, Aiden and Jason would attend several meetings during the day for on-the-table negotiations. While at night they would partake in off-the-record negotiations. After the three weeks they are expected to have talked the men of LGR into signing a 5 year contract with Langlesel, meaning one of the largest potential yields in company history.

It was a huge task, but she was ready for it...well almost.

Melina was about to dial her grandmother when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Her stomach caved in. It was the Boss, coming to yell at her for being off task during company hours, she would be fired, this was it...

"Ms. Drake..?"

A wave of relief washed over Melina and she let out a huge breath that she didn't even realize that she was holding.

Aiden let out a small chuckle asked her if she were alright.

Melina's face grew hot with embarrassment, she cleared get throat and kept her face stern "Yes, I am alright Mr. Dawson, now..can I help you?"

She had hoped her tough act came off as genuine, but by the looks of Aiden's dimpled smirk, she doubted it.

Without answering her question, Aiden walked over to the cubicle directly behind Melina, forcing her to turn all the way around to face him.

"Well yes, you can help me, Ms. Drake" he started, folding his tan arms across his chest, his smirk never faltering.

Melina raised her eyebrow in response. "You can help me...get to know you better, over some dinner after work tonight" Aiden spoke as if he already knew that she was not going to decline his offer.

His confidence made Melina angry. Who the hell does playboy think he is??!

"Well, Mr. Dawson. Do you want to know how you can help me?" Melina started, getting up from her seat, so that she was eye level with her colleague.

Just as she did, he raised his eyebrow in response.

She let out a smirk with thrice the smugness of his own and said "You can help me...keep this environment professional..after all, that's were we are right..? A professional environment?" with that she batted her eyelashes as her final slap in his face, and turned to sit back down.

She heard, what sounded like a growl, coming from Aidens direction and quickly turned back around, perplexed.

Aiden took the opportunity to step closer to Melina, backing her up against her desk so much so, that she would not be able to turn around and sit down without pressing her behind up against Aiden.

He leaned so close to her ear, that her lips were probably less than a millimeter away from his neck. She felt her body grow weak once more, and she hurriedly placed her hands against the desk behind her.

He did not speak for only a few seconds but to Melina it felt like a lifetime. Her breathing was cut short and her body arched into Aiden's, begging for him to touch her. With every passing second her body arched farther, and grew damp from the heat of their proximity.

"Aiden..." her voice was laced with desire, she needed him to speak, and break this feeling that was consuming her.

He kept in silence for a few more seconds, torturing her, forcing her to arch into him to the point where her chest was now pressed against his and her ragged breathing was centered on his neck.

"Come to dinner with me Melina, we won't be alone, just come to dinner" he beckoned her. With every word his soft lips grazed Melina's ear, and with each feel Melina grew damper.

She could not find the strength to speak, so she just nodded. And almost as quickly as she finished her nod, Aiden had backed away from her and returned to his stop at the cubicle behind her.

It took a few moments to register what just happened, and what she just agreed to, but. Melina realized it all when the cold office air hit her now dampened body. It was like a bucket of ice was thrown in her face.

From the shock of the cold alone, Melina rushed to sit down and face her computer. She could not believe she had allowed playboy to get her hot like that in the middle of the work place. Before she could turn around and decline Aiden interrupted her fiery thoughts with his cool words.

"Jason, Skylar and I will meet you out front at 5:30. We can decide where we will be eating then"