8. A Fucking Vampire

(ANYTHING CLOSE TO SMUT IS NOT MY FORTE I APOLOGIZE SO MUCH)

Gerard's pov

I rang Frank's doorbell, feeling a lot better after my meal.

Frank opened the door, inviting me in.

"Don't go into the kitchen," he told me. "There's still glass on the floor."

"Glass?" I asked him, confused.

Frank sat down on his couch, looking exhausted. "How much did Pete tell you about what happened yesterday?"

"That Mikey got kidnapped and you wandered off somewhere."

Frank let out a long, low sigh. "Well, what exactly happened was when you left, Pete went onto the roof to keep an eye out for anything, and Mikey and I stayed inside. Mikey was going to tell me what was going on, but we heard my dogs barking-"

What was Mikey planning to tell him? About the hunters or about me?

"-and I went to investigate. Thing is, someone was in my backyard and I didn't notice until it was charging at my backdoor. He crashed through the glass and into the kitchen." Frank made a crashing noise to illustrate. "Hence the glass."

"What else happened?" I prodded inquisitively.

"I'm getting there!" Frank snapped. "Anyway, Mikey did that super speed thing vampires do and moved me out of the way before the guy hit me-"

"It was a guy?" So she hasn't shown herself yet. Clever.

Frank shot me a 'I'm getting there you idiot shut up' look and continued to talk. "And shoved me behind him. The guy mocked him for a bit and Pete burst in, making it two against one-"

"But you were there," I pointed out. "Wouldn't it be three against one?"

"They told me to call you."

"I didn't get a phone call from you," I frowned, trying to remember what happened when I was at Ray's.

"Because you didn't answer," Frank's voice sounded shaky. "Have you even looked through your voicemails?"

I felt guilt well up in my stomach. "No. Oh god Frank, I'm so sorry."

Frank shrugged, hiding the hurt in his eyes. "No. You were busy. I get it."

I really screwed up.

"Anyway," Frank continued. "The guy threatened to stake them, and they started fighting until some girl came through the door and shoved Mikey off of the guy and threw a grenade or something at Pete."

That must've been the rosewater.

"Pete kind of freaked out and was clawing at his skin-which was smoking! Fucking smoking!-and couldn't really stop the lady from hauling off your brother."

I sat down on the sofa next to Frank, at a loss of what to say.

"I should've done something," Frank shook his head. "But I sat there with Pete's phone, shell shocked."