I Dare You To Fall In Love

Trying to edit when all my cousins are home is Ughhh!. Dilli main schools Ki chutti Ki khushi main a quick update 😜😜😜

HappyReading

~*~*~

~~~HAYA's POV~~~

I sat on the grass, oblivious to my surroundings. I was lost in my own little world on this beautiful afternoon. A lot of things were running inside my head but Shehry was the one it all came back to.

I smiled remembering how he got so worried last night, seeing me all worked up; his hugs, his frowns, the way he caressed my hair. His presence somehow makes me feel so calm; like it's more than enough to ease all my pain and tensions. All that I chose not to bring up for the past many years.

"Kya soch rahi ho?"

I snapped out of my thoughts upon feeling someone's presence beside me. I frowned, looking up, only to find Aunty standing between the Sun and me.

"Nahi, Kuch Nahi," I meekly replied.

She made a face, as if holding back a grunt, as she sat down on the cane couch, and I frowned again.

"Kya Hua?" I asked, staring at the knee she was holding.

"Bas umar ho gayi hai. Sagai ki thakan aaj pata chal rahi hai," she chuckled, making me sigh.

"Zyada dard ho raha Hai?" I asked her, worried, and she shook her head, still chuckling.

"Bari aayeen super woman!" I rolled my eyes at her response and stood up, "rukein zara, main aayi."

Running back inside, I went to the kitchen and after searching a couple of cupboards, I found the bottle of oil. I took it outside and sat in front of her.

"Arrey Nahi Haya beta!" She gasped, pulling her feet back instantly, "tum mehmaan ho hamari."

"Ya toh mehmaan keh Lo ya beta," I narrowed my eyes at her, playfully, "ab bachon Ki tarhan zidd na karein!"

"Nahi Ha—" I held her leg before she could protest and pulled it forward. Taking some oil on my palm, I rubbing it into her feet and The whole time she kept telling me not to do it.

"Relax Aunty, mama hoteen toh bhi main yeh hi karti!" I told her as I massaged her knee and soon the smile vanished from my lips. I gulped down the lump in my throat and sighed.

"Acha? Tumne toh unke baare main Kuch bataya hi Nahi?" She asked me and I shook my head. "Batane Wala Kuch hai hi Nahi."

"Woh kahan rehteen Hein? Tumhaare saath ya Pakistan?" She still pressed on it and I cursed myself for bringing up that woman.

"Woh apne husband Aur do bachon ke saath Canada main rehteen Hein," I sucked in a sharp breath, trying not to let my voice break.

She is happy with her family; without me. The fact that I was never that important to her, makes it a whole lot worse.

"Wow, that's great!" Somehow, Aunty sounded impressed. If only she knew that woman.

"Acha chorhein Ye Sab baatien," I looked up at her, determined to change the topic, "tell me what do you do when your sons aren't around?"

She chuckled for a moment before smiling at me, "Maha is still a handful for me! Uske saath waqt ka pata hi Nahi chalta par jab koi Nahi hota toh ghar bohot khali lagta hai."

I nodded, understandingly.

"Iss baar soch rahi hoon Shehry Se baat karne ki. Ab shadi ki umar ho gayi hai uski, Nahi?" She asked me and my eyes widened involuntarily, "ghar main bahu aa jayegi toh Mera bhi man laga rahega, bas Woh maan jaye."