I Dare You To Care

~~~HAYA's POV~~~

I shouldn't have. I was not supposed to use such harsh words. She had every right to make her choices. To be happy. So what if, that 'happy' wasn't exactly in my favour?

I ran a hand through my hair and dropped my head on the table. Sometimes I can be a total bitch to her. I don't hate my mother. She is all I have.

Even though I am not her priority.

It was past midnight and I was sitting on the kitchen counter, only so I don't disturb Humera because of my constant weeping. I guess my system is finally going to let it all out. The pain. The tears.

But hell! I would rather do this alone than in a house full of people.

Suddenly the lights turned on, startling me. I almost fell off the stool when a hand supported me from the back.

"Shh, it's just me," he whispered.

Shehry!

He came around and pulled a stool beside me. I looked up at him and smiled. He stared at me for a few seconds before sighing and getting up. He walked over to somewhere but I didn't care to look; I was too busy, trying to pull myself together.

A minute later, he slid a bowl in front of me and I was again taken by surprise. I looked at him, confused, as he came and sat back on the stool with an ice cream tub in his hands.

"Come on, have all you want!" He offered, "you are not that vegan, remember?"

I rolled my eyes, cheekily. He is not going to let go of that so easily.

"Ice cream helps," he whispered and I sighed, reaching out for the tub. I pulled the lid off, revealing cookies and cream.

He watched me while I scooped some out. I was about to take more when I decided it's not going to help. Pushing away the bowl and the scooper, I grabbed the spoon out of Shehry's hand and dug right into the tub.

"Easy!" He chuckled beside me but, I didn't care. I didn't know if I was angry or If I was sad any more, but I was definitely hungry.

"Mind if I-" He brought another spoon forward and I snatched away the ice cream tub. "Mine!"

"Arrey!" He gasped, "Even I came out to have ice cream!"

"Who in their right mind eats ice cream at half past twelve?" I countered back, "Go back to bed."

He raised an eyebrow at me and I face-palmed, chuckling . I do.

"Go get yourself some boring vanilla," I rolled my eyes at him and he chuckled. "Then walk with me to the ice cream parlour."

"At this hour?" I widened my eyes at him, "Never!"

He stared at me with his brows knitted together before a smirk appeared on his lips. I gasped when he snatched the tub out of my hands and threw it in the washbasin.

"You are so inhumane! How could you?" I cried, watching him in horror, as he emptied out the ice cream in the sink.

"Now you are coming," He spoke, once he had turned off the tap, "if you want more ice cream."